- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
So most of you already know the drama of my Ering…. I thought it was over and that i was in the light at the end of the tunnle…. and now i am afraid… very very very afraid. We got the new set in and I immediatly took it to our appraiser who is AMAZING we had instructed that they use my original diamond from my set. Well my appraiser started taking down measurements going thru the works… and hit a snag cause the number i had for size was not matching his number (his being less of course) and i wont lie I was ready to cry right then and there. So he asked if I could look at my GIA report and send him my GIA number certification for my Diamond, and what the carat weight is in my report and nothing else as he wants to be as un biased as possible.
So after over 5 months of having to ship it back and forth due to issues it looks iike we could have a even BIGGER problem on our hand. As it is with his measurements he appraised it at a very good amount BELOW what FI paid… I have never seen him so crushed before. And now we have to wait for him to do some more work, and then the descision has to be made. Do we still keep trying with this ring?? or do i finally convince my FI that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I know he has centimental attachment to this ring but its so tarnished now, I am to the point if its really what I am thinking could be worst case scenario… I just want all our money back and just start over fresh.
As it is the ring is just a symbol not the end all!! I know he is so attached to this since he did everything himself and feels like he failed me big time with this… Please help bees how do i convice him if we need to just get our $$$ that we can be jsut as happy with a new ring and just start over?? I want us to be able to look at my ring 50 years from now with great memories not… “Oh boy you wanna know the story behindthat one huh well settle in cause its a loooonnnnggg story” kind of thing…..