Riviera Maya Brides and Weddings 2014 (Resorts and Beach Clubs)

posted 3 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@MrsJager2014:  Me! I’m getting married in Playa del Carmen next May! We were planning a big wedding at home, but it was quickly getting way out of control (and over budget). I have always dreamed of getting married in Mexico and now it’s really happening! 

We’re getting married at the Blue Venado Beach Club, which I am SO excited about. We have the whole beach to ourselves from 5 PM to 2 AM. They are really great because they just lump everything together into one nice (affordable) package. 

Mexico is fabulous because you get SO much more for your money than you would back home. A wedding at home was going to cost around $50K, our wedding in Mexico is going to cost between $12-13K.

We’re renting a house in Playa and having a big welcome fiesta the night before the wedding (instead of a rehearsal dinner). I can’t wait!! After all is said and done, we’re going to spend a few days chilling out in Tulum. 

I am SO happy we’re doing a DW. Planning a wedding at home was giving me anxiety!!!

Post # 5
69 posts
Worker bee

@MrsJager2014:  Thank you! 

We’re inviting 120 guests, and expecting between 50-60.

Our package price includes: the venue from 5pm to 2 am, civil ceremony (paperwork, flowers, huppa, etc.), open bar the whole event, cocktail hour food, buffet dinner, on site security, reception decor, lighting, and flowers. They lump everything into one price, which is mostly the price of the food & alcohol. We’re payng $130/pp for everything I just listed. We’ve also booked a DJ through the venue, a really cute photobooth, and a professional photographer, which are all extra. 

How far into the planning process are you? Are you using a wedding coordinator?

Post # 6
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

What’s the difference between a resort and a beach club?

FH and I are “eloping” and we’re probably going to end up in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. 

Post # 7
69 posts
Worker bee

@mepayne:  Resorts usually refers to “all inclusives”. You’ll find a lot more restrictions when planning a wedding at a resort as there are usually additional fees if you want to bring in outside vendors. Also, your beach ceremony won’t be “private” as other guests still have access to the beach. 

Beach Clubs are generally more affordable and provide a lot more privacy for your events. Generally speaking, you get the entire beach to yourself! Also, there are usually no restrictions when bringing in outside vendors. 

For the reasons above, we chose to go with a beach club for our wedding. 

If you’re planning to elope and have no guests, you should be fine with whatever you choose! Congrats!

Post # 8
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

@anon1234:  That’s good to know! All inclusive still seems like the way to go, but I didn’t want to miss a better option. 

Post # 10
69 posts
Worker bee

@MrsJager2014:  I LOVE that you’re doing a Mayan Ceremony!! I really wanted to, FI wasn’t into it because guests are asked to wear light colors and participate and he said we would be asking for too much. Umm, whatever! 🙂

We’re not doing a videographer, we thought about getting cameras from one of those companies that sends you 5 cameras and you send them back and they make the video for you.  Ultimately we decided to just buy 2 small waterproof video cameras and use those. We’re just going to upload/edit all the videos and make something cool ourselves. I also REALLY wanted to do a TTD in a cenote but scrapped that because it just wasn’t in the budget. It took a lot for me to let that one go. 

Post # 12
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@MrsJager2014:  Not getting married there and don’t have anything to contribute really, but just wanted to congratulate you and let you know we just got back from our honeymoon there and I loved it. The Tulum and Akumal areas were beautiful. Looking forward to seeing pictures! Congrats and good choice!

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello Ladies!! If any of you are looking for some wonderful and affordable photography for your wedding in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, or Riviera Maya check out Octavio Montes!! 

His work is stunning and I can’t wait to have him as my photographer! Check out his work at http://www.OctavioMontes.com

So far working with him has been a breeze. He is friendly, reliable, and quick to respond to all of my questions. 

Not only does he have affordable prices, but he also offers 10% off on photography services for brides!! 

Post # 15
10 posts
Newbee

Hello! I will be getting married at dreams riviera, can’t wait! My only dilemma is my wedding dress. I fell in love with this dress and bought know now I’m having dress-regret. I’m thinking maybe its too much..bIt in a way I feel it will be fine since our ceremony will be at the resorts gazebo, cocktail hour and then reception at pool terrace. So it could be ok, it’s very light, airy but I don’t know off bodice is too much. 

Post # 16
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@anon1234:  I am currently looking into the Blue Venado! That place looks amazing! I’ve been researching various venue options so my FI and I could go over it on the weekend. You are having roughly the same amount of people we are expecting and the cost we are looking to spend. I was on their website and their prices are reasonable!

I’m waiting on an email back from them, so fingers crossed the prices aren’t too different for getting married next spring! I expect a raise in them but hopefully not much 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors