(Closed) Rompers: Yay or Nay?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Rompers - yay or nay?
    Yes please! : (21 votes)
    31 %
    Not my taste... : (23 votes)
    34 %
    Rompers Look Ridiculous! : (23 votes)
    34 %
  • Post # 3
    Member
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

    I tried on some rompers at the Gap last weekend.  They were kind of cute actually… but I just couldn’t bring myself to buy them.  I’m not really sure how much I would actually wear them.  (Also, I’m usually more classic and less trendy in my clothing choices.)

    Post # 4
    Member
    988 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    I think they are super cute! I have been trying to find a flattering one though, and no luck! I have a short torso, and long legs and they just look frumpy on me 🙁 but I will keep searching until I find a winner.

    Post # 5
    Member
    988 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    I LOVE that Nicole Richie one, I think something like that would look cute on me..hopefully lol

    Post # 6
    Member
    5390 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

    I think they look cute.

    Post # 7
    Member
    8354 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2011

    I think that rompers are cute on only 1% of the people that wear them. The other 99% of the people should not be wearing them. I fall in the 99% category.

    Post # 8
    Member
    3979 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

    I completely agree with noritake! Totally cute… on the right bod. Nicole Ritchie definitely pulls it off nicely. Man is she working it!

    <— jealous!

    Post # 9
    Member
    2476 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

    I wore a romper while getting ready for my wedding!  They’re SO comfy and versatile– LOVE them for the summer!  (sorry the pic is ginormous!)

    Post # 10
    Member
    5390 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

    @ddubzz: You looked cute!

    Post # 11
    Member
    561 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

    I think they are cute IF worn by the right person AND it’s done tastefully.

    Post # 12
    Member
    14750 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    I wore those in the late seventies/early eighties and that will NEVER happen again.  And they are far less comfortable than they appear – they have a tendancy to ride up right where you do not want them to.

    Post # 13
    Member
    382 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

    I always thought they’d be impossible to pull off, but I found a plain black, cheap one at Forever 21 and thought I’d give it a try:

    It is super comfortable. The only thing is, it’s annoying to go to the bathroom. I think it’s all in the accessories and how you dress it up (I was wearing a long white sleeve shirt and gold gladiator sandals, btw). They are really cute!

    @ddubzz: Yours is sooooooooo cute!

    Post # 14
    Member
    2142 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

    Personally, I would never wear them (not flattering) however I have seen some repro companies that make adorable 30’s and 40’s style ones but like I said, not built for my body type.

    Post # 15
    Member
    222 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

    I think they are ADORABLE!! But every single one I have tried one is SO UNFLATTERING!

    Post # 16
    Member
    502 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    I think they are adorable, but I look silly in them 🙁

    The topic ‘Rompers: Yay or Nay?’ is closed to new replies.

    Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

    Find Amazing Vendors