(Closed) Roomba 770 or other robot vacuum – anyone have one and how do you like it?

posted 5 years ago in Home
Post # 3
984 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We have a roomba 560 and loved it until it stopped working. It wasn’t too loud it did a great job on the pet hair (2 dogs, 2 cats). It lasted nearly 3 years and actually still turns on but it just goes in circles. DH might be able to fix it but we just haven’t tred yet. 

Post # 4
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Don’t have any personal experience, but hoping other bees have good news because I want a Roomba too and we have a dog!

Post # 5
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

omg I want one. Commenting so I can see the comments! 

Post # 6
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We have a Neato!!! seriously the best 300 dollars i have ever spent! we got it with a groupon. i think they are normally 400 something. We have two dogs and i only vacuum with a regular vacuum about once a month because the neato does such a good job. its on a timer to clean at 11:30 everyday. 🙂

Post # 7
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have an older model Roomba.  It was pretty cool.  I liked that it cleaned under my bed, which is not something I usually do myself.  It would get caught up on my rug’s fringe, so I had to put things to block it from going over there.  It would also sometimes get trapped inside chair legs, so I usually moved those out of the way.  So it wasn’t completely hands-off.  Unfortunately, it ended up going senile, and now all it does is go in a tight circle.  I think something’s wrong with the sensors.  Not sure if I would get another one.  Cool idea, though.

Post # 8
4327 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I just got one and I love it. It’s quiet, and it’s rather entertaining to watch while you tend to other tasks. It’s perfect for a frenzied cleaning when unexpected guests announce a visit, etc. The only irritant about it for me is the rate at which the dirt cup fills. I don’t mind emptying it out, I just wish I didn’t have to do it so often.

Post # 9
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We just got a house and we really want a roomba–our friends have one and they love it!  I would shop around though…I always see roombas/neatos/etc for sale on Woot or similar deal sites for much cheaper. When I buy from those sites, I usually just stalk the reviews on Amazon to see if the model on sale sounds good.

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I bought a 600-series, or maybe it was the 500-series… I work and have a cat and thought it would be great.  I’m not completely displeased with my Roomba purchase, but I’m not over the moon with it, either.  I use it in the living room, so before I use it I have to go around and pick up everything off the floor and move stuff out of the way — like the PP said about chair legs.

It runs for an hour and puts itself back.  Then I go around the room and put everything back the way it was and I have to clean out the Roomba before using it again.  I have longer-ish hair and have to pull the hair out of the rollers.  Kind of yuck.  With all the prep work, I may as well pull out the vaccuum and be done with it.

I was looking to spend as little as possible on it, and the best deal I could come up with was using a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond.

ETA: I was surprised at the level of noise, I thought it would be quieter.  I would not want to watch TV while it was cleaning the floor.

Post # 11
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Had one when they first came out, haveva bi level house, and it kept throwing itself down the stairs.  returned it

Post # 12
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I just got a Samsung navibot for christmas and I love it! Not as much as I first thought I might because it gets stuck in a lot of places- under the lounge, underneath cupboards and under the freestanding oven.. and all it does is beep, because it is literally stuck under something and can’t get out. I’ll only be able to use it while I’m home or otherwise it’ll sit there beeping all day. We just had guests come around for lunch today though, so while I tidied up (which I had to do anyway) and made lunch, it did the vacuuming =) Definitely keeps the house from day to day cleaner and makes me happy after coming home from work and the place is clean without too much effort but I’ll still vacuum weekly as I’ve always done.

Post # 13
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Have a roomba 400 series.  I like it, but it is a hassle getting the room set up.  It is loud, but no louder than a normal vacuum.

The topic ‘Roomba 770 or other robot vacuum – anyone have one and how do you like it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors