Rosa Clara Ubela – Does anyone know similarly styled dresses? (1920s/vintage)

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
560 posts
Busy bee

If you like that style check out Jenny Packham’s collections from 2012 onwards.

Also, how about these: Elizabeth Fillmore’s ‘Sandrine’ Delphine Manivet’s ‘Antonin’ Elizabeth Fillmore’s ‘Arabelle’

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  babycuddlebee.
Post # 4
560 posts
Busy bee

sorry I don’t know the prices of those though, they are designers.. but you might find a preowned one, at least the suggestions will broaden your search..

You might also like the brands: Rue de Seine ..or Gwendolynne 

Post # 7
849 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Check out bhldn.com .. There are lots of dresses on that site that have a vintage feel and they have  range of prices.

Post # 10
657 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Moranar:  Kinda looks like the dress I wore.  My original sleeves were more full, like those in your pic, but I had them shortened and taken in a bit.  It is La Sposa, style Manto.  I paid $1300 USD.

Post # 11
657 posts
Busy bee

Here’s a pic before it was altered, with the original sleeves. 🙂

Post # 12
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Check out Sue Wong.

Post # 13
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Maggie Sottero Chesney, Tuscany, Cynthia, Madrid, Jenelle, and a whole bunch of others give a similar vibe to me.  She definitely was inspired by the 1920s in many of her 2014 gowns.  

Post # 15
657 posts
Busy bee

Moranar:  Thank you!  It was very soft, flowy tulle.  The beading wasn’t itchy, either. It was a really comfortable dress.  It was a bit sheer, so you will need a slip.  My alterations person made me a slip and sewed it into the dress. It was also challenging finding a bra that worked, as the back is cut a bit low.  The gal who did my alterations also simply cut my bra down a bit so it wouldn’t show.  Good luck finding your perfect dress!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors