Post # 1
So, we’re TRYING to plan our honeymoon and we found an AWESOME ship (Oasis of the Seas) to the Caribbean. Has anyone travelled this ship or a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Caribbean? Please give me your tips, pointers, absolute must dos, absolute don’t waste your times.
Post # 3
If you’re going to get a balcony try to get a cabin at the back of the ship, the rooms are bigger. Don’t book any excursions through the cruise line they’re waaaaay overpriced. If you do your research ahead of time and book on your own its cheaper. The last time we went we got a wine package, I think it was 5 bottles for a 7 night cruise that was more reasonable then ordering by the glass during dinner. I can’t remember the name of their private restaurant, but it was like $30 a person and totally worth it.
Post # 4
That is the newest and best boat they have, I would so go for it!!! I loved Royal Caribbean, but I agree to try to book your excursions off the boat because they are less expensive. Try cruisecritic.com to get some info on where to book, and also try to google the places you will be going to see if they have a tourist website
Post # 5
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!!!!
i just got off the mariner of the seas last week :))
my fiance and i can not wait to board the oasis or allure. we have two cruises booked for 2012 already, but were hoping to get on the oasis or allure in janurary of 2013.
– you definitely do not need to book excursions through the ship. you can plan ahead by doing some research through your ports, or do them last minute at the port. most places have a lot of options right when you get off the pier and you can pick anything youd like.
– theres 2 formal nights – pack for those
– theres a beverage package for $52. worth it if you drink a lot. its juice and pop – you get a special royal caribbean ‘thermos’ (idk the better word) and can refil it as often as youd like anywhere youd like. pretty good deal.
– theres usually a 70s diso themed night, pack for that if youd like. but not a huge deal if you dont. still fun to enjoy!
– the two private restaurants are portofinos and chops grille. excellent food.
– the service and crew members are SO much fun. ive been on 3 cruises with rccl and have had exceptional service.
let me know if you have any other questions! (i just posted some pictures done from our e-shoot on our last cruise with the mariner in some pictures) good luck!