(Closed) RSVP Cards & Names

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Sure!

I think most people don’t do it because of the work involved!

But if you want to do it I think it would work well! I was going to go this route but decided to go for online RSVPs instead! Online there is only the people I entered in the program and so no one else will be able to RSVP and no one will be able to RSVP for more people than invited!

Good Luck!

Post # 5
5902 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

if you don’t mind the work, sounds good!

Post # 6
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think there was a thread started the other day on a similar topic.  I don’t think the concern was children, but the poster wanted to include the names rather than have the guests write them in to prevent “plus 1” when not included.  I believe the overall consensus from that thread was that you shouldn’t fill it in with the names because it’s possible that not all will be able to attend.  I suppose it’s pretty rare that a wife would attend without her husband, but I guess it can happen.  You might want to check out that other thread…maybe posted in etiquette or paper?

Post # 7
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I understand what you mean though…I think we are going to just try using the envelope to indicate who is invited, but unfortunately so many people these days do not understand proper etiquette.  

For the record, I don’t really have an opinion here, I just thought you might want to seek out that other post for more info 🙂

Post # 8
5902 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

oh, didn’t think about that…but good point, vanness.

Post # 11
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am going to put the names of the guests on the back of the RSVP with a check box and put the number of seats reserved on the front. That way they won’t have to write their names in; not that they would anyway, but it will allow me to know exactly who is coming. I just hope they fill out the back. For the plus ones with no name, I will have a line for them to fill in the name.

Post # 12
1088 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You could just make an extra line that says “Number of adullts _____” with no kid line. Or you could say “We hav reserved 2 (or howver many) seats for you”. Then they know they can’t invite more.

The topic ‘RSVP Cards & Names’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors