(Closed) RSVP date for 1/1/11 wedding

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Mid/late November is Thanksgiving time…I wouldn’t recommend that being the RSVP time period, as people may be busy with family and forget! I would stick with December 1st or go to the beginning of November.

Post # 4
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ve read that generally it’s a month out but I don’t see any problem with maybe making it 6 wks out and the at the 5th and 6th week you can make your “just cheking” phone calls….

Infact..

I think I’ve made an executive desicion right this minute that that’s what I’m going to do. lol

EDIT

Oh I didn’t think about Thanksgiving… I think that beginning of Nov would work though

Post # 6
5389 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Hi DATE TWIN!

I was thinking of having them RSVP by Nov. 26th. That way we can get RSVPs from family that we will see for Thanksgiving. We will see a lot of people then. Plus, if they mail them late, we still can get them the week of Dec. 1. We will begin making calls Dec. 15 which gives everyone plenty of time.

Post # 7
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I agree with the beginning of November because like with our venue we have to pay it in full and if we want to add people it has to be done 30 days before the wedding.

Post # 8
624 posts
Busy bee

I got married 12/31 and our RSVP date was 12/1. Other girls had theirs the Monday before Thanksgiving. 

When is your head count due?  I would work back from there and consider adding a week so you have time to call and a few extra days because some will mail theirs the day it is due. Are you doing a seating chart or anything personalized?

We had over 120 people not RSVP so there was a lot of calling to do and we were okay. 

Post # 9
7175 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I think if you put beginning of November – it’s WAY too early.  Dec 1st sounds right and still gives you a couple solid weeks to call people (depending on when you need your final count).

Cute date, btw!

Post # 11
5389 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@BriarRose: I am overwhelemed too! Only 6 more months to go (YEY and ARG)lol.  You should check out my post about NYD brides (under Jan. 11 board). There was some confusion at the venue, they were going to up it by $1000, but in the end (because they know us and FH family) they went up $400 for the entire building. It is cool because we were going to rent an additional smaller room anyway for that price and they are going to let us use it for free.

Our catereer is cool as well because we booked him for the wedding and while working out a deal with him, we booked him for my daddy’s 50th b-day. Now we are on his good side and he is not requiring a deposit from us.

The topic ‘RSVP date for 1/1/11 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors