(Closed) RSVP Question Feb 2013 Brides…or anyone that can help!

posted 5 years ago in February 2013
Post # 3
4017 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It really depends. Your caterer will probably need a head count by a certain date so get in touch with him/her and see what they will need. I would also add a bit more time on top of that to so you dont stress out about the RSVP’s that you will more than likely be chasing down after the date lol!

If it helps, I will be asking my guests to respond about 3 weeks before the wedding but my invites will go out probably 4 months ahead of time since my entire family is out of state!

Post # 4
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

We are getting married end of Jan 2013. We are sending out our invites mid October and our RSVP date is end of Dec which is about 4 weeks before the wedding. Our caterer needs the final head count the week before so I figured this would give me enough time to track down the people who are missing.

Post # 5
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

We will be sending out our invites in november/december the RSVP date will be a month before the wedding. We were going to do 2 weeks before but alot of our guests (especially FH’s family) probably wont RSVP so one month gives me time to call people. I think it’s a bit different here in NZ thoug.

Post # 6
457 posts
Helper bee

We are getting married February 17th.  Sending out November 28th, well that week sometime. haha.  RSVP back by January 25th.  It gives us a week to make calls for the ones who didn’t mail their RSVP’s back.  Caterer’s want headcount February 1st.

Post # 7
457 posts
Helper bee

If we sent our invitations out 8 weeks it would fall right around Christmas.. Who is going to remember to mail their RSVP back during that time of the year? We figured right after Thanksgiving but before the Holidays in December would work best.

Post # 8
166 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  Getting married 2/16/2013 and my caterers also want a headcount by 2/1.  I tentatively was going to set the RSVP date for mid-January…still struggling with making up my mind on this one!

Post # 9
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think 6-8 weeks is okay to ask for because it is a “by” date, hopefully they will before but there are always those who don’t understand the need you have to know your numbers. Personally I need to know because I am over organized and will be renting equipment and ordering food so I would need to know my numbers for chairs, tables, napkins, glass wear etc. where I am getting married is a small town with one rental company and in the case that there are several weddings on the same day I want to be sure I have my order in first! These are just some arguments I tell myrself when thinking of the RSVP date.

Post # 10
166 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  Was re-reading this thread, and I think your reasoning with the Christmas mailings makes sense.  I think I’m going to copy you and mail right after Thanksgiving, right around December 1st. 

Question for Feb 2013 brides..assuming we sent save-the-dates (I did last month), and that in general, many out of town family members know the wedding date, are you mailing out of town invites before the local ones?  I don’t want to mail too early and people misplace/don’t rsvp/forget, but I also want to give out of town people a chance to make plans to come, even if they haven’t already been planning it.  Thoughts?

The topic ‘RSVP Question Feb 2013 Brides…or anyone that can help!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors