Post # 1
I was on the phone with my mom last night, and she heard firetrucks driving down her street. She went outside and sure enough, a house only a few blocks down from my parents’ was on fire. So bad that she could see flames shooting up, and 3 fire companies were on the scene.
It was apparently a fire that started in the kitchen, and the owners weren’t home at the time. 3 firefighters were hurt, and one neighbor who tried to help fight the fire herself, but everyone is going to be ok. I can’t even begin to imagine what those people have lost. It’s heartbreaking…especially around the holidays.
And with the holidays in mind, we all put up lights and trees and things that are highly flammable. So, I just wanted to remind people to be careful with their homes and decorations! Too many things plugged into one outlet, or stockings hanging above a lit fireplace or even leaving a candle burning unattended could set something off. So please be careful and say a little prayer for a family of 4 who just lost their home.
Post # 3
That’s so sad! Those poor people! Thank goodness none of them were home. I hope the firefighters and neighbour recover quickly.
Post # 4
Those poor people, it’s truely devistating when that happens at all, and it seems to be even more so when it happens during the holidays. I hope they find the help they need to rebuild quickly, and that their insurance company doesnt drag their heels!
Post # 5
Hopefully they have Fire Insurance. I’m so happy to hear no one lost their lives and their home was the only one to catch fire, that truly is a blessing. Not too long ago a house on my grandmother’s block caught on fire and three other houses including her house caught on fire as well.
Post # 6
@7mom: I was thinking the same thing. I’m sure some of the other homes had some smoke damage, but imagine if they were row homes and the whole thing went up. I can’t imagine coming home to something like that.
My family had a chimney fire in our house when I was in high school. That was scary enough! It happened right before Thanksgiving, and trying to get everyone out of the house was crazy. It ended up being minimal damage, but even a small fire can scare the heck out of you.