Post # 1
Yesterday, our breeder posted this to their Facebook page and I thought I’d share. I honestly can’t BELIEVE anyone would do this – pure evil, in my opinon!
Warning to all dog lovers! Last night my sister’s dog, Jake, was at the community dog park. He was playing and running and having a blast. He picked up a Nerf football that was just laying around. He immediately dropped it and shook his head. He got a drink and played a bit longer. Then all of a sudden he wanted to go home. When he got home a few moments later, he laid down and in minutes he was dead. This was a wonderful, healthy 4-yr old Golden Retriever mx. Apparently someone didn’t like the dog park and had left the ball full of poison. So NEVER, NEVER, NEVER LET YOUR DOG PICK UP ANYTHING THAT HE DIDN’T BRING WITH HIM! Any toys abandoned should immediately be put in the trash! This was a horrible loss and my sister is devastated! I doubt they will ever know who did this, but don’t be the next victim. Spread the word–SAVE A LIFE!.
Keep an extra close eye on your pups!
Post # 3
OMgosh that is so sad..who would do that!?
Post # 4
This is why I will never take Rex to a dog park. I don’t trust alot of people out there around my dog.
Post # 5
There was a new story going around a month or so ago in my area. They found dog treats that were laced with poison that was hidden in the grass and whatnot. So not only should you be cognizant of toys, but make sure they’re not eating anything off the ground either!
(This also applies to kids.)
Post # 6
@nber0815: wow…Just wow…. That is so cruel.
Post # 7
That breaks my heart! You couldn’t pay my dog enough treats to fetch/play with a ball, but this still makes me so nervous! There are some mean and sick people out in the world 🙁
Post # 8
Post # 9
Hoax. Super hoax. This has been going around for the last couple of years.
Post # 10
@nber0815: I never go to dog parks. Not only are there a lot of unbalanced dogs (due to poor training) that encourage bad behaviour, but things like this do happen. Someone left a water bottle laying around and my friend’s dog picked it up. He swallowed part of it and ending up dying from internal bleeding and the complications from the surgery she spent $6,000 on.
I’m sure the water bottle wasn’t intentional, but people are just inconsiderate in general. I keep my dog on my own property.
Post # 11
@MaVer610: Ah, good! Glad to see it’s fake. That scared me!
@MrsPanda99: I wish we didn’t have to bring our dog to the park, but we live in the city and it’s the only place nearby where she can really run around. She’s an excellent city dog, despite having a lot of energy – she knows when to let it out and when not to. We’ve dealt with our share of bad dog park moments, though, including our dog being bit by a pit bull a couple of months ago. Luckily, it wasn’t serious. Can’t wait until SO and I move out of the city and can have our own yard, though!
Post # 12
@nber0815: That’s one of many reasons I live on a farm 😀
Post # 13
@nber0815: The absolutele best part of owning a house (we bought a few months ago), is our dog loving the backyard. We also lived in a highrise before and hated not having space for him to run around.
Post # 14
WOW that is horribly sad! 🙁
Post # 15
yeah this exact same thing showed up in my feed the other day. I think it’s a hoax, but I don’t doubt that it has happened before.
Post # 16
As other PPs have said that story is a hoax. that doesn’t mean it’s not a possibility though.
We love to take our dog to the dog park, but we also know how to act there. We don;t just ignore what our dog is doing, watch what she is sniffing and where she is playing. Our city’s park is under an overpass (great use of land!). this means that we or other park goers have to keep an eye out for trash thrown out of cars. I don’t know how many times we’ve found broken beer bottles in the grass from the local red necks tossing their beer out.