- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2015
I have made an appointment at a bridal salon that’s currently having a sale. The appointment is in two weeks. All of the 2014 collection is 10,20,30 or even 50 percent off! Now of course, that means good value.
However, on the website of the salon I already saw some ‘small print’ too:
– sale dresses are non refundable (ok, perfectly understandable)
– they expect a full payment inmediately (ok, if it’s a dress that’s 50% off, that’s doable because that would be the first installment anyway, and I have enough in my savings)
– you have to take the dress with you immediately (So it’s definitely off the rack, of course, but you also need to take it home right there and then)
– if you need alterations, you can only do so from Sept – Dec 2014 (my wedding is mid 2015, so what if I lose more weight? No second or third fittings?)
All in all, you don’t get the premium service. Which is understandable considering the amount of money you can save, but now I’m doubting that this is what I want. Of course, a good deal is worth a lot, but I’m kind of scared I might regret not getting the full service.
Also, I’m a bit scared I’ll get dress regret if I buy something on sale now and then see the new collection a couple of months after.
Is this a recipe for disaster or should i just go have an open minded look at their remains? If something good is there, it’s worth the price but also the lesser service? And if I can’t find anything in the sale, I can always come back in Sept for the new collection. Right? Please tell me that this is a smart move, to check out the old collection in sale first, and if no success, still have more options.
- This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by sfp.