Post # 1
I am getting maaried in Savannah in October. and need any ideas, recommendations you may have. Lookinng for music,photography,welcome bag ideas, etc. Has anyone got married at 109 West(Savannah Villas)?
Post # 3
My dad lives in Savannah (Jersey Girl here). All I know, is that as a guest at a Savannah wedding, I would need pralines, and lots of ’em!!!
Post # 4
I currently live in Savannah and got married here in April. I didn’t get married at 109 West but I got married in Pulaski Square and had my reception at 109 West. Greg Ceo was our photographer and he is highly recommended. You can actually see where he blogged our wedding here- http://savannahweddingphoto.com/kayla-and-alden -if you want ideas about what the house looked like. It also lists most of our vendors and I would highly recommend all of them especially the guitarist and the hair and makeup people at Salon Della Vita who are literally right across the street from 109 West. Private message me if you have any specific questions, want more details etc. Also the people who own 109 West are extremely helpful so don’t be afraid to reach out to them/ ask them questions. Let me know if you want to know anything else and congratulations!
Post # 5
I got married in Hinesville but my caterer and dj was from savannah. Look up shockwave-dj. Prices are great and he went overboard on his job. He was awesome
Post # 6
@savannah10272012: I am planning to get married there next fall, and I too have been having a hard time finding/weeding through resources. I will definitely pass along anything good I find out!
Post # 7
I got married in Savannah this past May. Here’s the vendors I’d recommend:
– Photographer: Nate Henderson (formally Savannah resident but now lives in TX – still travels). I would also recommend Jade & Matthew Take Pictures. We met with them too and loved their work.
– Officiant: Rev. Steven Schulte. He was great. We planned the whole thing through email and customized our ceremony.
– Guitarist. We hired Pete Jock (look for him on gigmasters.com) to play at our ceremony and he also did the cocktail hour for free.
– Reception – Vic’s on the River. They were AMAZING!!! (food, location, service etc.. were fabulous)
– Rehearsal dinner: 10 Downing (private room at Churchills Pub). It was beautiful. It would also make a wonderful location for a smaller reception.
– Historic Savannah Carriage Company: Horse carriage transportation for bride and groom
I know the Savannah Candy Kitchen and River Street Sweets offer bulk pricing and individually wrapped pralines for gift bags. I’d highly recommend!
I think good items for gift bags are:
(maps of savannah, water, sunscreen, a fan, some type of snacks and something Savannah related (pralines, a peach etc..)
If you guys have any other Savannah questions feel free to PM me. I lived there while in college for 4 years and then planned our wedding long distance since I live in California now.
Post # 8
I lived in Savannah for 17 years and was an event planner there, so if anyone has any questions pm me.