Save the dates

posted 3 years ago in Paper
  • poll: What do you think of an online save the date?
    Sure, why not? : (13 votes)
    76 %
    A little too tacky : (4 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 3
    451 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

@Carmabelle:  In previous threads about this on here there’s been a mixed response, with a seemingly more negative response overall – I think people think it’s not formal enough

Personal experience – we did online/email save the dates and plan on doing the same for invitations with online RSVPs. People really seemed to respond well to them and we didn’t have any negative comments to us or our parents. I love paper products but I’m not willing to spend 100’s of dollars on STDs and invitations, so this seemed like a good way to do it. We made sure it looked formal enough to convey that it’s a formal occasion even without paper invitations. And I did print some off for older relatives who don’t have email. I say go for it!

Post # 4
    98 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Paper STDs just seemed unnecessary to me.  All of our guests use e-mail and it was simple to just send a group e-mail with the date and location (destination wedding).   I did send out paper invitations, however.

Post # 5
    975 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

Save the dates are informal and a new concept so doing them online would be prefectly fine. You don’t have to send them at all so it really ins’t something that is defined. Friends of mine are doing online STD’s. 

Post # 6
    1400 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

We’re doing online Save-the-Dates and invitations for 90% of our guests. We like the idea of saving trees and money, and if people don’t want to come to our awesome wedding because of it they don’t have to 😛

Post # 7
    839 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I don’t see the issue with doing them online, especially since you’ll be sending traditional invitations via snail mail. Go for it!

Post # 8
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

STDs are fine as e-mails!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors