(Closed) Scared & worried about DH

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Try not to worry too much.  He is with a good doctor now and I’m sure they will put him on a diet plan which will help with his sleep apnea and blood pressure.

Post # 4
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

my hubby use to snore badly, to the point that i would sleep on the couch – the answer for him, he lost weight.  as soon as he started working out and lost a few lbs the snoring stopped – all up he lost about 40lbs and he now only snores when he has full cream dairy (icecream/milk) which is very rare

although i understand your hubby is on meds which makes it harder, if he already isnt working out every single day get him to, start with a 30min walk per day and then introduce some hills, for me exercise is a habit and the hardest part is starting.  also start looking at the foods you eat, cut back on dairy and processed foods, salts and sodium and increase your raw/healthier foods

goodluck!

Post # 5
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

My BIL has sleep apnea and he has one of those ventilator machine thingies (sorry I don’t know the real name of it) to help him get enough oxygen while he sleeps. Has his doctor suggested something like that? Or going to a sleep study? The best way to get rid of it (it is reversible) from what I understand is weight loss, so just keep being supportive and help him work towards getting healthier and hopefully things will start going down a better path for you. I’m glad he’s found a better doctor, I’m sure he’ll be able to help you a lot. Sending happy thoughts your way!

Post # 9
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

starting to exercise is the hardest part so i see by your wedding pics there were lots of kiddies, if they are yours get the kids to drag him out – guilt works

i got my hubby a personal trainer and he loves it – hes lost alot of fat and gained alot of muscle and he had a checkup at work last week, my hubby is fitter than guys 15yrs younger than him so pamper to your hubbys ego, we all know that works dont we 🙂

Post # 10
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

My sister-in-law finally got my brother to go to the dr. for his snoring.  He had to go to a sleep study and the results were shocking.  He wakes up 57times an hour because he stops breathing.  They gave him a mask  he needs to wear at night, and it has made a HUGE difference.  I’m so glad your DH finally got into a Dr. that is treating the cause and the symptoms.  You are definitely on the right road now!

The topic ‘Scared & worried about DH’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors