Post # 1
Shortly after we got married, Mr Rugbee & I started ‘casually’ looking at houses. After just 1 sunday’s worth of open houses we found a home that’s perfect for us. We got preaproved for a mortgage & tomorrow we’re going to make an offer on it after taking another look with our parents.
We had booked appointments to check out a couple of houses tomorrow but 4/5 have been sold since monday. Some weren’t even officially on the market yet!! We’re absolutely terrified that someone will buy this house before we put our offer through.
Ahh!! I’ve already imagined myself in this home: I don’t want to lose it because I was too slow.
Any home-owning bees go through this?! I’m so nervous!!
Post # 3
If I really wanted this house, I would be phoning my realtor to coome over and do the paperwork tonight. Frankly, I wouldn’t need my parents to look at the house,but if you do, have the offer ready to be faxed or emailed immediately after your viewing tomorrow.
Post # 4
I know exactly what you’re going through! FI and I have been looking at homes since Dec and were pre approved for a loan. Well, I got sick and the stress of my job was making it to the point where I couldn’t stay at work even for a few hours. After much thought, FI and I decided I should quit so that I would feel better. That messed up our loan because now I just got a part time job. Of course while going through all of this, we found a house we LOVE and are afraid it will be sold by the time we get everything figured out.
I feel your pain!
Post # 5
@julies1949: I know what you’re saying. We’re waiting until tomorrow cause our parents know realestate much better than we do & their advice is important to us. We’d feel much more comfortable putting an offer on the house after they’ve given us the ok. They’ve both had a lot of bad experience with home inspectors so we don’t feel comfortable relying only on the inspection.
Post # 5
I feel your pain. I just found the perfect house last week after looking at 20 of them, yes, 20. Over half of them have have sold and the area where it’s located, while it’s new, has been selling left and right. I’m putting an offer in around Monday so I’m a nervous wreck. As of right now, I don’t even know if there have been other offers because it was the last house we looked at on a Friday. Saturday, my realtor got married, so he hasn’t been at the office…
I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!
Post # 6
i have not been in that situation but im keeping my fingers crossed and wishing you uck that you will get your dream house!
Post # 7
Ugh… I know how you feel. Our Dream Home had an open house last Sunday. We cannot move right now… and won’t be able to for atleast a year (we signed a 2 yr lease…. stupid in hindsight!) But this house is literally 2 doors down from us right now… So I drive by daily. It’s been on the market since Christmas…. so I’m hoping maybe they’ll take it off the market….. (wishful thinking). The more realistic possibility is that there are several homes in our neighborhood with a similiar floorplan… maybe one of those will be up in a year 🙂
Post # 8
@mrsc630: ahh! I’d lose my mind if I had to look at it every day: I’m already going nuts looking at the listing…
Post # 9
@MrsRugbee: I wasn’t suggesting you submit the offer tonight, just have it all drawn up and ready to go first thing after the viewing.