Post # 1
October ’13 Bees…. it seems like it’s all coming together!
I don’t know about you, but June has been one hell of a month as far as wedding-planning goes. My dress came in (AND FITS AND LOOKS AWESOME AND IM IN LOVE!), I purchased and received my veil, our invitations are in, my bridal shower invites went out and people are starting to RSVP, we’re taking our engagement photos the last weekend of June, we picked out the tuxedos, and we are currently working on finalizing some ceremony details — music, a reading for FSIL, the timing of things, etc.
I’m so amazed at how things were pretty slow-going, and suddenly out of nowhere it seems as though things are picking up so quickly! Does anyone else feel this way? What’s going on with your planning Oct ’13 brides!?!
Post # 3
Things are starting to fall into place for me this month as well. Isn’t it a great feeling?
– Contacted officiant and are starting to put together our ceremony
– Cake tasting on Saturday (yay!!)
– Talking to baker about making cookies as our favors
– Wedding invitations came in (double yay!)
– Ordered my bridal shower dress from Zulily (let’s pray it comes in time!)
– Bridal Shower invites are probably going out
– Pay off our honeymoon
– Started making reception decor (table numbers and seating chart)
– Looking for beads to start making bridesmaid jewelry
Whew!! And to think there is still a mountain of things to do before the big day.
Post # 4
@starz88962: Whoo Hoo! I’m so ready to be in the moment, and done with the planning!
Post # 5
- Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia
Yes, things are starting to all come together. Little DIY projects that I’ve been plodding along on are finally coming to a close.
I am ready to move on to other things (like escort cards) but I can’t because our invites aren’t even out yet!
I feel like I am chomping at the bit just to get everything finished already!
Post # 6
That’s great. I’m feeling like things are falling into place too. I was having min-panics in May but then June hit and “ish got ral” so I kicked it into high gear and my FI stepped up and now I am feeling much better.
All the big stuff has been done for awhile but now it’s time for details. We are assembling invites now to send by Mid July, our tasting is this week, first fitting is July 10th, Boudoir shoot is July 22, Musicians are getting their music together, hair booked, decor and fascinator supplies are in – now to assemble them! FI is still picking colours for the men, but that should be done in a week or so.
Super excited now that I can see everything coming together!
Post # 7
Things are falling into place for us, too. And OMG, our date is 95 days away!
We still need to:
- Book our 6-passenger limo
- Book the restaurant for the rehearsal dinner (general seating, not function room — it’s only 15 of us)
- Draw up seating chart (once all RSVPs come in)
- Order escort cards/table numbers (again, once all RSVPs come in)
- Plan the actual timeline for the day
- Hair/makeup trials
- Make buffet selections (Aug. 5th)
- Assemble centerpieces (hurricane candles with ribboned bellybands and monograms)
- Buy my shoes
- Pick up my veil/crystal haircomb (it’s in — but not picked up yet)
- Get the marriage license
I think that’s it! (Please remind me if I may have forgotten something.)
Post # 8
Thankfully I was very on top of things. Less thankfully, last week I managed to delete EVERY SINGLE WEDDING RELATED THING by accident. So while I lost everything, most of it was in my head or already figured out.