Self-Confidence Issues – Wedding is 10/4/14

posted 2 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
1500 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I would do my best to block out the voices in your head that are telling you that you are a failure, and that you are ‘fat’. You’re not. As you mentioned, those are ‘outside societal expectations’. These are lies that you are making up in your head about yourself when I’m sure you are a beautiful human being worthy to be loved. The only person who can truly make you feel happy about yourself is… yourself. So unfortunately none of us can do that for you, you have to find the strength from within.

Go do something you enjoy. Go on a date with your husband to be. Find something to be grateful about, and then these negative thoughts will go away. 

Post # 3
9949 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

I will be honest…I did not feel beautiful on my wedding day, and I hate most of our pictures.  However, my memories of that day are not clouded or marred in anyway because of that.  It sounds cheesy, but the day was truly about marrying my husband, being with our families, and enjoying ourselves.  It was awesome.  Your wedding will be awesome, even if you don’t feel you look your best.  The other thing to remember is that only you will criticize the way you look on your wedding day.  Everyone else is going to find you beautiful.  It’s like Newton’s 16th law.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors