Post # 1
As I’m sure you all can tell…I’m done with my holiday shizz, and am back to wedding planning full force!
I just sent out my STDs this morning! I’m so in love with them! I made them myself…this was my first big project.
Let me know what you think!
Post # 4
Gorgeous! Love them! I am sending mine out this week, too! Although mine are only half DIY.
Post # 5
Wow! I really love them! Great job!
Post # 6
Thanks ladies! I’m going to ‘theme’ all of my paper projects around the little flourish around the ‘Save the Date’ text, to keep them all uniformed.
Post # 7
Love them! Congrats!
Mine are going out as soon as I can get FI to take me to the post office! Still in search of some “Pretty” stamps! hehe!
Post # 8
Love them. Can you tell us how you did them? And how did you get your address on the envelope like that! I love it!
Post # 9
Awesome job! Tell us about the stamp!
Post # 10
those are beautiful! can’t even tell they are DIY
Post # 11
date twins! they are absolutely gorgeous!!
Post # 12
Really cute! I just mailed out mine today too! My date is 2 weeks before yours!
Post # 13
Awww thanks girls!!
@elliegraye: I ordered the address embosser from Paper Source. You have to get the Desk Embosser and the Personalized Plate, and voila! You have to push REALLY hard to get it to emboss all the way, FYI. Also, if you want to order the personalized plate, it takes up to 2 weeks to get it.
Also, what’s cool is that you can order more and more plates for other things – i’m planning on getting This for our invitations/thank you cards!
@jeye7161: Yayyyy date twins! There are so FEW 7.16 brides out there!
@cyndistar3: Thank you darling…that’s what I was aiming for. I’m a perfectionist, so I can tell that they are DIY, but I’m hoping our guests can’t!
Post # 14
OH, and here’s how I did them (maybe I’ll put them in the DIY section…hmmm)
1. Decide what size I wanted. I ordered the A2 envelopes from Paper Source, and measured how big I’d make the cards according to the envelope size.
2. Went to my local art supply store and bought 5 huge pieces of art board in the grey color.
3. Designed my save the date! I used Adobe Photoshop, but I know there are tons of programs out there. I borrowed the ‘flourish’ from Wedding Chicks, and supplemented the monogram with the Save the Date text.
4. Cut my art board with an x-acto desk cutter to fit perfectly into the envelopes.
5. Cut the white cardstock to be a wee bit smaller than the art board.
6. Glued, and done!
Post # 15
Beautiful! Thanks for the tips! 🙂