- 3 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
Curious to know your thoughts on the following scenario:
After a previous post where I mentioned I was not inviting everyone’s SO, I decided it would be best to see first if I can accommodate them. The only way to do this is to send our family and parent’s friends their invites first and determine how many “no’s” we get from that group. Considering there are probably quite a few that won’t come from the East Coast, this will allow FI and I to invite everyone’s SO. To clarify, we sent STDs to 225 and our venue is capped at 200; about 150 of those people are our family and parent’s friends! So we would need about 15% to say no before we can extend invites to everyone else’s plus one. We have looked at the list and are pretty sure about 53 of our 225 guests will likely not make it so we should be fine but you never know! Also, my stationer has said it is no problem to do two sets of invites.
So given this is likely the best option, how soon is too soon to send the first batch of invites? I am thinking April 15-30 and have them due back by May 15. I would then send the second set of invites June 1 and have them due back July 1.
Any major CONS that I am not realizing? I feel pretty confident with this direction.