Post # 1
For all you sept brides, as your weddings come and go list your highlights! How the things unfolded that worried you before the wedding, what was great and what went wrong and how you fixed it!
The whole weekend was amazing! We had very little hang ups. Here are some of them-
- no tossing bouquet that was to seperate in the air like planned (subsitute for Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquet to toss)
- rushed family pictures at the end kinda wish we had taken more of those
- Baker for the cake forgot the extra chocolate sheet cake, made the grooms cake the same as bride’s cake when it was suppose to be chocolate, and did an awful job decorating the bride cake (looked nothing like what we picked) But covered most of it with flowers in between the tiers.
- Had to where flip flops for ceremony because feet hurt so bad already
Good points (things that had concerned me previous to wedding)
- Made it down all the stairs without any problems during the ceremony
- 1st dance was flawless and had no dress disasters!
- The weather which is normal hot and humid was in the 70s and beautiful. People were able to go outside and cool off as well as relax if they wanted a break from the music
- Got plenty of couple shots and was great since we didn’t have e-pics or bridal portraits
- Changed into mothers dress for reception earlier than thought but it was a great choice cause i was able to dance and move around
All in all everyone had an amazing time, us included. we were both so relaxed and i kept waiting for the nervousness but it didn’t come everything went so quickly but we enjoyed every second. Band and photobooth were a hit, dinner was amazing couldn’t ask for it to have gone better!
Post # 3
Glad you had a great time!
Post # 4
Our wedding went fantastically. My parent’s kept saying “Something WILL go wrong” but nothing really did – either that or I just had no expectations for the day.
From the top:
1. Set up at the venue only took us 45 minutes (I was worried we’d run long)
2. We had fabulous weather (80 degress & sunny) for our outdoor ceremony
3. The day before the wedding we ended up with an additional pro photographer
4. There was enough food/drink/cake for everyone & a ton left over.
5. My hair looked good and so did my makeup (I did both)
6. My mom got a ton of good pics so I can’t wait to get everything from her and our photog so I can start creating an album.
I don’t think we had any bad things happen. One of my candy buffet lids got broken but I didn’t even know till the end of the day.
The only thing I could say is maybe it would have been nice if it had lasted a little longer because I really enjoyed it but my feet were hurting so I was ready to go home. I just wish I could remember every part of the day. Hopefully once I get the video my bro did it’ll help me. 🙂
Post # 5
@camrie Im glad everything went great!! Your pics from other posts are so cute and fun! I really liked the colors. And I know how you feel about having you feet hurt- mine were killing me! I also can’t wait to get our video to see all the things i missed!
Post # 6
Things that went wrong:
1. It was crazy hot outside so we didn’t go around downtown like I wanted to to take pictures.
2. The damn bartender put on the U of A vs. Iowa game, so instead of everyone dancing (or even watching the first dance) they were watching the game. I could have decked that guy.
3. One of my bridesmaids was so sloshed she started asking my Hubby what sexual positions we he was going to try when we got home.
4. Some of the decorations I had planned to use weren’t used because the coordinator said they would look stupid.
Things that went well:
1. I didn’t cry!!!!!!
2. I didn’t trip down the stairs during our introduction to the reception.
3. My dad actually got along really well with my mom (they are divorced, she remarried…I didn’t tell him that she did!).
4. The crazy friend of Hubby’s left early because she was “bored”.
5. The cake turned out to be AMAZING!!
Here’s a sneak peak!
Post # 7
Things that went wrong:
- Decoration on the cake wasn’t what we had ordered.
- Yep – just one miniscule thing went wrong!
Things that went fabulously:
- Weather – sunny and 70. Perfect.
- Food – fabulous
- DJ – great guy who kept the party running and was open to a lot of different things
- My friend who karaoke’d to “Baby got back” during the reception – definitely a highlight
- My after-party dress. I put it on with an hour left to the reception because I was so freakin’ hot in my wedding dress – too much dancing!
Post # 8
Things that went wrong:
-FI’s grandparents told his aunts and uncles to show up early for pictures which was not the plan. They showed up early, but it wasn’t a big deal and we included them in some pictures.
-The pastor forgot to do the requested reading for the parent’s rose ceremony. It wasn’t a big deal and we still got to give the roses to our parents.
Things that went great:
Pretty much everything and I am not kidding! The weather was awful Friday and Saturday that weekend, but on Sunday, our wedding day, it was 72 and sunny!
-I married my best friend in a grogeous ceremony surrounded by family and friends.
-Everyone ate great food, loved the band and danced til they dropped! It was awesome!