Post # 1
Hey Bees! I feel so far behind but I am trying to catch up! So… What’s on your to-do list for this month for comparison? I know the bridal shower invites need to be sent out, I still need to finish sending out the last of the Save-The-Date Cards, that will be done this weekend, and I need to start looking for affordable invitations since our original plan of getting free invitations from the tux shop backfired. I plan on sending out the invites the last week of Sept. I need to start reserving rentals from the ONLY rental company we have in town. I found out there are at least 4 other couples in our area who are getting married on our date from doing our gift registry. BMs need to have their dresses ordered by Sept. 15th and I’m having some financial issues with a few of them. Also I need to start finding a hair and makeup artist plus someone who can do my mani/pedi for the wedding day. The nail shop I had been going to for the past 3 yrs sold their business to someone who does THE WORST job ever on nails!!!! I need to get back to working out because my final fitting is booked for Oct. 6th. Is there anything else I’m missing?
Post # 3
I love these to-do list updates… helps me get my head on straight! My August to-do list looked like this:
- Block off hotel rooms for guests
- Print reserved signs for reception tables
- Print cards for the MOB/MOG gifts
- Pick up guestbook from photographer
- Purchase matching frames for the “Meet the Maids” table at bridal shower
- Spray pomander stands for ceremony decor (this idea has changed)
- Stuff invitations to be mailed September 1
- &… the most exciting… I’m taking my Maid/Matron of Honor to an overnight trip to have our makeup done and purchasing our “day of” makeup for the wedding!
So, based on that, my September to-do list is:
- Pick up guestbook from photographer
- Create ceremony backdrop
- Purchase fiance’s gift
- Purchase bachelorette dress
- Purchase “morning-of” tracksuit
- Mail invitations
- Turn in paperwork @ work for marriage
- ATTEND BRIDAL SHOWER!!!!!!
What the heck am I going to do with my time when this is over? 🙂
Post # 4
My September to do list is:
-Do a cake tasting and order the cupcakes (finally found a baker!)
-Work out the logisitics of the late night snack and decorate the snack bags
-Finish the fabric flowers for the bouquets
-Finish the tissue paper flowers
-Finish the painted jars
-Finish the table numbers
-Book the rehearsal dinner
-Finish Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
-Get my mom to decide on a dress so my Future Mother-In-Law can at least get an idea of what to wear
-Encourage Maid/Matron of Honor to decide on a date for the couples shower (I have to request off work a full month in advance)
It just seems like SOOOOO much! Well…now I’m off to make some paper flowers!
Post # 5
@FutureMrsLodge: I am totally stealing the “Meet the Maids” idea! I wish I could know what’s going on with my bridal shower. My mom is telling me absolutely nothing!!!
@cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d: My mom just purchased her dress today. I really like it. It’s between a lavendar and purple color (my wedding colors are truffle, ivory and lime green) but I love it because it’s the same material as the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (chiffon)…. However, I know my mom and I believe she will change her mind about the dress and purchase another one. She is so indecisive!
Post # 6
Oh gosh… You ladies really have it together! I was just relieved that I got my DIY invites out!
- Get a final quote on my all-inclusive venue (I really feel like my coordinator should have already given me this information!!!
- Select my wedding day lingerie
- Order part of the personalized presents for my parents
- Make sure my future step son’s suit fits
- Make sure my Fiance has all of his suit accessories
- Misc DIY signage, bubbles, and photos
- Attend my Couples Shower and Bachelorette Party! 🙂
Anything I am missing?!
Post # 7
Well, the month started off pretty good, but it will be a busy month for sure:
*Buy material for the guys vests/MOH ans Maid/Matron of Honor dress: check
*Book venue for the ceremony: check
*Book transportation: semi check (called and had them reserve the date but need to go in, look at the types of buses they have and pay a deposit.
*Book officiant: semi check. I spoke with a lawyer and got her price but still need to reserve the date, pay the deposit and finalize ceremony details.
*Edit, print and mail invitations
*Edit and print cards
*Hair and makeup trial: in 2 weeks (same day as bridal shower!)
* Attend Bridal shower: in 2 weeks *sqeeeel*!!!
*Finish guestbook photo mat: just need a pic of me and fi printed up for it.
*1st official fitting for my dress: end of this month
Post # 8
@lindseyl06: Steal away! 🙂 I found the idea on Pinterest (hell- I planned my whole wedding from that site) I got the frames from the Dollar Tree & sprayed them- super easy and I think they will appreciate it!
Post # 9
I have everything pretty much done except:
1. Print programs – just need to give approval to program maker (fan programs)
2. finish last two payments for wedding (we want to be all paid up when we get there)
3. pick & buy hair ornament (brooch for my hair on the side)
4. pick & buy bracelet
5. make sure groom buys his shoes (he is wearing boat shoes and hasn’t bought them yet…sigh)
6. book airport transportation for us and also for my mom (grey line is great in Cancun)
7. lose 20 lbs (not sure this is going to be a reality anymore, but here’s hoping!
8. final dress fitting/alteration on 9/18
Post # 10
-decide and order favors!
-set up appointment with photographer
-finish buying bridesmaids gifts
-make a card box
-figure out design for escort cards
– send a wedding payment in
– buy jewelry
Post # 11
Why did I not join the boards sooner?
Might’ve been helpful to have this list sooner..!