(Closed) September 03/04, 2011 :)

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think we’re going with the 3rd. Hope everyone takes advantage of the holiday weekend to travel for our wedding. ALTHOUGH my brother and his wife have already told us they can’t come because of work…doesnt that seem a little rediculous? They are chefs at a very seasonal location and have both expressed how “difficult” it would be for them to take off a holiday weekend. 🙁

Plans are slowly developing here. Good luck!

Post # 4
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I like it!  We wanted to always have a long weekend for our anniversary.  Happy planning!

Post # 5
453 posts
Helper bee

My wedding plans are coming along great! We picked our venue, the photographer, ceremony and dress and are loving the fact that its a long weekend because we have over 30 guests from out of town coming in on that weekend! Our wedding is September 3, 2011. I’m soo excited!!!! I hope you Bees are going good with the wedding planning.

Post # 6
118 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to be a Sept. 3rd bride too! Wedding planning is going well but still trying to decide on wedding colours. It will probably still feel like summer here (in Ottawa, Canada) but I still feel tempted to bring in a fall theme. I think we are going to go with red, black and white. What colours are you ladies going with?

Post # 7
620 posts
Busy bee

Hello there!

We just put a tentative hold on our reception venue, just checking tomorrow to make sure that the priest and church are available and then it is ON!!!

Not a holiday down here in Aus though – but first weekend of SPRING!! Beautiful!

What should I have done already, i have no idea!

Post # 8
453 posts
Helper bee

Since we are in the summer suring this month and we are true hopeless romantics, our colors are champagne and blush with hints of ivory.

Post # 10
118 posts
Blushing bee

@ceamoste:

EEK! I know! In just over a week it will be exactly one year away. I am so excited, I feel like it’s all going to start coming together in the next few months. 

Post # 11
429 posts
Helper bee

We’re having ours on September 4th (It’s a Jewish wedding so we have to do it on a Sunday and this seemed like the perfect one!) I’m getting really excited for all of us Sept 2011 brides since we’re almost to the 1 year mark! Everone’s weddings sound like they’re shaping up nicely!

We’re doing silver and royal purple as our colors. It took me forever to choose them but in the end, purple was my mom’s favorite color and she passed away in 2009 so it has some meaning to us. Not to mention I like the color too!

We’ve been engaged for just over a yera now (very long engagement, I know) and so far we’ve booked our venu (ceremony, reception, catering all in one), florist, dj, and I just got my dress a couple of weeks ago! We’re trying to get as much done as possible now because I start my first year of grad school in mid September of this year. I may just lose my mind if I have to do too much wedding stuff on top of school.

Best of luck to my all of you sharing this fabulous weekend with me! I’m excited to read about more of your plans so far!

Post # 12
485 posts
Helper bee

Were also duing it the 4th 2011… its the perfect sunday to do it!! Holiday weekend… people can come early… stay late… so excited

Post # 14
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Thinking about doing the 4th (sign-up option on the site here required me to pick something). I have a very good friend I’d like to have as a bridesmaid, and her holy time of the week is generally Friday night, which would cut her out of travelling or helping out with last-minute things for a Saturday wedding. A lot of guests would be from out of town, so I think it would be easier for them to get travel time for the holiday weekend.

Haven’t really had a serious discussion about it yet, though.

Post # 15
146 posts
Blushing bee

We are 9/2/2011 (Friday). So excited!!! So far I have the venue, photographer, band, hotel block, rehearsal dinner, and lighting. I feel like I am way ahead of the game and can’t stop, haha. Any other 9/2s here?

Post # 16
118 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, 11 months away…I can’t believe how time is flying by. 

@Schrutebeets: You are so on top of things, good for you!

Well ladies my most recent obsessions have been invites and dinner table decor. Who know one could spend so much time looking at pocket folds, table linens and center pieces. Going to look at dresses for bridesmaids this month, yay!!!

The topic ‘September 03/04, 2011 :)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors