September 1, 2013 – What is left to do? What are you working on? Updates?

posted 3 years ago in September 2013
Post # 4
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I sent invitations out the beginning of this week.  I still have a few left to send. Im having a hair and make-up trial the end of the month.  I still have to get a florist. I have a floral appointment the first week of July and then my bridal shower/bachelorette extravaganza is July 4th weekend.  After I book the florist I will have all of the major vendors in order.

We are moving August 1st so I want to wait to start all of the smaller decor/diy task until then.  The rest of July Im going to be working on the program, seating arrangements, and weekend events that Im planning for OOT guest.

The weeks are flying by we are almost at the 2 month mark!!! Im excited and ready!

Post # 5
283 posts
Helper bee

I am getting married on September 1st!  I don’t have too much left to do.  Invitations have been out for quite a while now, and responses are trickling in, which is great…the deadline that I set is not until July 15th, but I already have around half!  🙂

My biggest “job” ahead of me at the moment is get our music for the dance all sorted out.  I want to give our DJ a completely custom playlist, which is not a problem…but we also have a live band, and I need to meet with them to confirm THEIR playlist before I design one for the DJ (who will be playing during the band’s breaks, and after they finish).  I don’t want to have any song duplication!  So, it’s top priority to meet with the band members soon.  I also need to meet with my florist, be he’s been flaky about setting up a time!  I hope he gets back to me sometime in the next week.

I think I’m going to book my hair trial for later on, like in August sometime.  I am headed out to my hometown for the weekend after work today…my mom is throwing me a bridal shower tomorrow, and I am excited for that!  🙂

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

Eeek!! I am sending invitations on July 1. I actually just got my STDs out (short engagement, but I wanted them anyway). I am a destination bride, so I am making a weekend trip to my venue next weekend. I have my first in person meeting with my decorator, planner, dj. I have my hair & makeup trial, a meeting with our reverend, food, and cake tasting. Holy–I hope I don’t freak out!! 

My first alterations appointment is July 9, and my bridesmaids’ dresses are supposed to arrive that week as well. We still have no shoes for me or the bridesmaids. I also don’t have any undergarments.

After the meeting with our reverend, I willd design programs. I will then have programs, escord cards, and a few other signs that I will frame printed.

This is the song that never ends!!!!! Are you feeling good? I am right on the edge of feeling like I have everything under control and feeling like I must have lost my mind to do all of this in less than six months….

Post # 8
546 posts
Busy bee

Ummm, figure out food, dress alterations, finding a hair/makeup person, finalize guest list, finish off invites, figure out music, hire a DOC, order flowers…what am I forgetting? Oh jewelry, veil, figure out transportation day of for FI and me, decide on if we’re getting a hotel room, attendant gifts, glassware & flatware, picking wording for the ceremony…I’m sure there’s a couple other things I haven’t thought of….

Post # 9
19 posts
Newbee

Ack, my invites are delayed too…I hope my guests have a month before the RSVP deadline.  Finally picked a DJ and booked somebody for my dress alterations…what’s left are all the wedding details (music for dances, food, & decorations).  Doesn’t seem like that much but I know when the time comes I’ll be pulling my hair out!

Post # 10
61 posts
Worker bee

sept 1st bride here too 🙂  I am working on our ceremony right now.  I cant decide on songs to save my life! and also im writing the entire ceremony.  have to order flowers & candles, paint all our centerpieces, make the corsages & flower girl head piece, buy photo booth props, find the boys ties & do hair and makeup trials….   Im feeling pretty good! invites went out over a week ago and everything else should be set!

Post # 11
61 posts
Worker bee

oh and make my veil! and order bridesmaid gifts

Post # 12
65 posts
Worker bee

EEEK! Its getting so close. Sometimes I feel laid back and happy about how things are going and then I’m like HOLY CRAP! I have so much to do. haha. My invites are almost ready and they are going out July 1. I’m requesting RSVP’s by August 10 so that leaves people a little while to respond. 

I have most of the big things planned… now I’m just working on writing the ceremony, writing a song list for the DJ, making a shot list for the photographer… and a few other decoration details. Also putting together packets and welcome baskets for out of town guests. That still seems like a lot to me though. I’m totally anal about planning so I always feel like I’m forgetting something :/

Post # 13
32 posts
Newbee

I’m a Sept. 1st bride too!  Can’t wait!  It’s going so fast now that it’s officially 2 months away.  Invite have been sent and RSVP’s are coming back.  It’s so exciting to go home and run to the mailbox to see how many we get that day.  In the process of writing our ceremony too and still have to put deposit down on flowers.  Already made a rough draft of the programs, but still trying to decide on ceremony music.  That is the hardest thing for me right now and is holding the progress with the programs.  UGH!!!  We have our photo booth, the maids have their dress.  Going for my first fitting on July 13th and still have to make arrangments for the girls to go for theirs.  At times, like some of you, I feel that things are going smoothly, but other times I feel like I still have so much to do with very little time left to do it!  FI and I just went for tuxes yesterday, so today I’m having an upswing.  Feeling accomplished…tomorrow may be another story!  LOL

Post # 14
32 posts
Newbee

Oh….and just a quick question for the September 1st brides…anyone else having trouble trying to decide on gifts for the bridesmaids?  I really hate anything personalied with their names or initials and wanted to do something that is unique and different.  I’m just not happy with anything that I’ve seen.

Post # 15
50 posts
Worker bee

my hand is going numb! Lol.

Post # 16
546 posts
Busy bee

@Mary3076:  how many bridesmaids? I have 2 MOH and have been trying to come up with something. I’m ok with getting them different things, but I don’t want there to be any hurt feelings so maybe it should be the same? Who knows! I was thinking tulip bulbs-plant in September for spring flowers! Somewhat practical because they’d be used, but sentimental since it would be a happy memory when they see them come back every year. I’d want to add other things too, but not sure what! 

Update on my to-do list, DOC hired! Now to finish off the invites and get them mailed out tomorrow. Luckily 99% are local (my practice one came the next day and I mailed it from a couple towns over). 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors