(Closed) September 17, 2011 – One Year Mark!

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Happy -1st Anniversary! I can’t believe that a year from now I’ll be a married women. Here’s hoping time flies.

Done so far?

-Venue (ceremony and reception, includes catering. alcohol and cake)

-Photographer

-Band

-Cigar Roller

Dreading?

-Guest list managing, ugh

Post # 4
94 posts
Worker bee

Happy “pre-versary!” Hahaha, FI and I high-fived when we woke up this morning. One year to go! I have also been engaged for 5 months already, so it feels awesome to say “Only one year to go!” And tomorrow we will get to say “Less than one year to the wedding!”

Done so far:

• Ceremony site
  • Reception venue
  • Photographer
  • DJ
  • Dress
  • STDs

Dreading:

• Guest list
  • Seating chart
  • Dressing the boys (FI is super picky about it…)

Tomorrow we’re going to eat at a restaurant we’re considering for catering! It’ll be a nice way to celebrate our one year “pre-versary!”

Happy planning!

Post # 5
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We booked our venue on the 17th–it felt like it was meant to be that we ended up putting our deposit down exactly one year before the big day!

So far, the only thing set in stone is the venue (ceremony & reception in same place), which includes all catering and alcohol. The groomsmen are wearing their own black suits and BMs are wearing black dresses of their choosing so I guess that’s kind of taken care of, but I know there’s going to need to be a lot of hand holding there. We have a possible photographer in the works and have narrowed it down to 2 officiants we like, now we just have to contact them. I’m planning from out of town so it’s hard to get stuff done. I’ll probably go down to MD next month and do a couple vendor meetings and hopefully get a few more things booked.

Post # 7
1184 posts
Bumble bee

@Entangled: we caved to the pressure of having a rabbi as our officiant. i wanted a friend to do it but FI didn’t really like that idea and it meant so much to my parents. we’ve found two that consider themselves secular humanist jews. it’s basically a sect of judaism that emphasizes jewish culture/traditions and nothing about g-d. hopefully one of those two works out. FI isn’t even jewish.

Post # 8
101 posts
Blushing bee

You girls are ahead of us! So far we have the ceremony/reception venue booked, our wedding planner, and we have a meeting coming up with a photographer. So excited! Less than a year now!

Post # 9
616 posts
Busy bee

Yay! September 17th, 2011 is our wedding day too!

So far we have……

*ceremony location

*Reception hall

*Caterer

*DJ

*Bridal party

*most of the guest list

*table decor and linens

*candy buffet table items, plus decor

*Church Decor (Original Aisle Runner–fall leaves one, amber votive holders, pew bows)

* The woman who is making the cake

* The location set from which we are buying the alcohol

*Invitations

lol I’ve been planning for like two years……so I already have a bulk of the items bought and in storage :-X. Also, the reception site had options for the caterers, cake maker, and alcohol and we selected from that. I’ve tasted the caterers food before and it is amazing! My FI and his family are also friends with the alcohol distributor, which is nice. It really saved us time having the location recommend these people. I am so excited for all of us! I cannot wait….less than a year!

Post # 10
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Timber Lake Playhouse - Mt. Carroll, IL

@pb and j: we’re more than wedding date twins b/c i’ve also got the reception and wedding venue booked and the guys are also wearing their own suits & the ladies are wearing black dresses of their choosing. no rabbi for us though, we’re getting married at the courthouse in secret a few weeks before and then having our friend officiate the ceremony instead. haha crazy! anyway, congratulations!

Post # 11
1184 posts
Bumble bee

@raevnn: i wanted a friend to officiate too, but alas that’s just not in the cards for us. sounds like our weddings will have a lot in common! where are you getting married?

Post # 12
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Timber Lake Playhouse - Mt. Carroll, IL

@pb and j: yeah, we have a mutual friend who would be phenomenal in the role of officiant and i wanted to write our own ceremony so it worked out well. 🙂 even though the wedding isn’t for awhile (or at least it feels that way) i’m excited to get everything planned out. we’re getting married in Illinois, I’m from a tiny,tiny town – our venue is a local live summer theater where I work. what about you?

The topic ‘September 17, 2011 – One Year Mark!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors