September 2013 babies- Part 3!

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you feeling better or worse than you hoped for your first trimester?
    Better! : (15 votes)
    39 %
    About what I thought : (17 votes)
    45 %
    Worse : (4 votes)
    11 %
    WAY worse : (2 votes)
    5 %
    1082 posts
    Bumble bee

@mtnhoney:  thanks for starting this! Can’t believe we are on part 3 already! :)

How’s the first trimester going so far: Morning sickness? Weird cravings? Unpleasant symptoms? Morning sickness kicked in hard core yesterday, and it is even worse today. My mom said hers lasted until 24 weeks, so I am a little terrified of it being that long.  I literally feel like I can’t do anything today.  I am getting Zofran later, but I would like to try and use it only when I have things to do, and not when I can just lie around all day.  Otherwise my boobs hurt like crazy, and I can smell everything and then some. Oh, and I think I am going to have to ban myself from sad movies :P

Who have you told? If you’re keeping quiet, do you have any special announcement plans?  His parents, my mom, our siblings, his best friend, my best friend, and 2 other people found out by accident.  We will probably wait until 2nd trimester to tell “everyone,” and probably do it via a cheesy facebook announcement :P I really want to do: “J and A, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage. Then comes….. and put a little baby carriage there. :)  Or a photo with our dog and the 2 of us and the plus signs = 4. 

How are you staying healthy? I laughed and told my health-nut of a husband that this kid is definitely his, because it doesn’t like unhealthy food already.  Fried/ greasy foods make me even sicker! I was trying to eat all healthy, but so far today I can’t even think about eating anything other than crackers and gingerale. I am not going to go too crazy with the exercising, the GF’s Guide book said to use pregnancy as an excuse to not do hardcore exercise. I’ll take it :) Just walks with my little Cavalier! Even yesterday carrying stuff up and down the stairs a few times, I felt a little crampy and it scared me.  So I’m breaking up with the weights until post-pregnancy and just going to take it easy. 

Are you planning to find out if you’re having a boy or girl or staying team green? Definitely finding out. I have always told myself I would, and I don’t have enough will power not to not find out :P We want to do a gender reveal party bc I think they are adorbs :)  

What are your highest hopes for this pregnancy and your little one? For the pregnancy–I definitely pray constantly that everything will go great and baby will be normal and healthy.  That’s really all I can ask for.  I wouldn’t be disappointed if the nausea went away sooner rather than later, but if it’s all part of making a healthy baby, I am willing to deal with it.  For the LO-I just hope they are healthy and happy as a baby/child.  I am a little worried about being so busy with my medical training and feeling like I don’t spend enough time with LO, but I am absolutely blessed that my DH is going to be an amazing dad and a great help.  He used to babysit when he was younger and is almost more baby crazy than me :)  

220 posts
    Helper bee

How’s the first trimester going so far: Morning sickness? Weird cravings? Unpleasant symptoms?

I have evening sickness not morning sickness. Don’t want to eat any meat – it makes me gag to see raw meat. Stranges symptom is my cotton mouth between 5-7:30am every morning. I wake up every 20mins to chug water

Who have you told? If you’re keeping quiet, do you have any special announcement plans?

We’ve told immediate family and a few close friends. Hoping to take a picture of our dogs holding a big bro/big sis signs and a sign in the middle saying “little one coming Sept 2013″

How are you staying healthy?

Working out when I can (try to 5 days a week) eating healthy, but it’s hard when all I want is carbs!

Are you planning to find out if you’re having a boy or girl or staying team green?

Will find out ASAP! Too impatient otherwise

Just want both of us to be healthy healthy healthy

1324 posts
    Bumble bee

@mtnhoney:  Make that 38 ;)

I am very quietly joining you ladies on here because I’m so scared of jinxing myself as I’ve just had 2 mc’s and we are desperately hoping that this time it’s going to stick. Praying with everything I have.

Got my BFP last Sunday a week ago, after waiting one cycle post mc, with a verrrry dark test line. *good sign #1

Saw my doctor right away, I’m on high dose of prenatals, progesterone suppositories and low dose baby aspirin. *good sign #2

I’m about 4 1/2 or 5 weeks along – EDD Sep. 29th! (I think it might be beginning of October though because I have a longer cycle) (due right after we move into our new house) *good sign #3 :)

How’s the first trimester going so far: Morning sickness? Weird cravings? Unpleasant symptoms?

So far I am so bloated I could explode. Gassy Gassy and oh yeah more Gas.

Who have you told? If you’re keeping quiet, do you have any special announcement plans?

Only me and DH know right now and we are trying to keep it that way for a while.

Quit smoking; cut all caffeine as much as possible; thinking positively; taking all meds as prescribed

Are you planning to find out if you’re having a boy or girl or staying team green?

For sure I want to know!

What are your highest hopes for this pregnancy and your little one?

Just that this pregnancy will last and we will finally have a baby at the end of Summer this year. :)

8275 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

My boobs are aching, my stomach is super bloated and my skin is blotchy. Certain smells from foods really turn me off, it’s early so I’m sure it will get worse

Both sets of parents, my brother, both grandmothers. We totally can’t keep a secret from close family.

Trying to, after the scare 10 days ago I am laying low until I hear from my doctor. But still trying to get to the gym for some walking.

Definitely want to find out if it’s a boy or girl.

What are your highest hopes for this pregnancy and your little one?
    The only thing I hope is that my baby is sticky and healthy when she/he is born.

696 posts
    Busy bee

@Sunshine09:  Omg! A big congratulations to you, I really, really hope this is it for you. We were on the May board together too weren’t we? I am very happy to see you here, what big news. :)

1324 posts
    Bumble bee

@LuluH:  Thanks :) Yup May boards, and then I was on July board. So I’m really hoping with all my heart that third times a charm!

696 posts
    Busy bee

How’s the first trimester going so far: Morning sickness? Weird cravings? Unpleasant symptoms? Much better then I thought. I was way more sicker with my DS. This time I have sore boobs on and off and am super bloated. None of my clothes fit because of it. Upset stomach a lot, not nausea, just upset and icky.

Who have you told? If you’re keeping quiet, do you have any special announcement plans? Our immediate family knows and our co-workers/best friends who were close with. I would have liked to have been more quiet about it, but news spreads fast. Not going to announce on FB anytime soon. I think it would be fun to post a picture of us all on Facebook for our first wedding anniversary in June. I’ll be huge by then.

How are you staying healthy? I wish. I’m so tired so working out feels meh. I’m averaging 3 times a week right now, jogging 3 miles. Food the only thing that sounds good is pasta and bagels. No meat, no salad. :( But no greasy food either which I normally love.

Are you planning to find out if you’re having a boy or girl or staying team green? Finding out this time. I was team green last time and loved it. But it would be fun to do a nursery etc. and shop since its our last.

What are your highest hopes for this pregnancy and your little one? That I don’t MC. Feeling very unsure again, trying to not let the fear overtake the joy. I’m struggling with this. Healthy sticky baby above else.

696 posts
    Busy bee

@Sunshine09:  3rd time will be the charm! I remember being amazed you were on the July boards so quickly. So happy for you.

1125 posts
    Bumble bee

How’s the first trimester going so far: Morning sickness? Weird cravings? Unpleasant symptoms? Started on Week 6 and I am now on Week 7.  I am having some nausea but not throwing up, cramping, got light headed today, headaches, and always tired! Thats about it right now… with my first I think I was like this but it ended quick. 

Cravings- I am always craving spicy foods (taco bell, spicy cheese, etc) and I love me some good ole lemon water! 

Who have you told? If you’re keeping quiet, do you have any special announcement plans? We told everyone already, I was going to keep quiet longer but some of my fam has big mouths so I would rather say it then everyone hearing from someone else. 

How are you staying healthy? Drinking lots of water and taking my prenatals. Going to get a gym membership soon and will walk on the treadmill, ride the bike, do 5lb weight lifts, and join the pregnancy yoga classes. 

Are you planning to find out if you’re having a boy or girl or staying team green? Def want to know asap lol! 

What are your highest hopes for this pregnancy and your little one? Just for baby and I to stay healthy and have no complications :)  

1324 posts
    Bumble bee

@LuluH:  Thanks so much and just as happy for you! I know, my body wants to be pregnant! I think the progesterone and aspirin and high dose prenatals this time are going to do the trick, I’m so happy my Dr put me on progesterone right away. Anyone that has suffered a loss has a different feeling with a next pregnancy, so hard not to worry…I hope we can both be success stories!!!

579 posts
    Busy bee

How’s the first trimester going so far: Morning sickness? Weird cravings? Unpleasant symptoms?  I just started week 5.  So far my boobs hurt like crazy.  I’m gassy from both ends.  Having some mild mood swings and crying episodes.  I feel bloated and nausea until I eat.  But I don’t ever really feel hungry.  Once I’m eating it’s fine.  Mostly craving pasta, cheese, bread.

Who have you told? If you’re keeping quiet, do you have any special announcement plans?  We haven’t told anyone and it’s getting hard.  We’ve only known for a week, but haven’t been to the doctor yet.  I wanted to wait until after that to tell, but I think we’re going to tell my parents this week and my inlaws this weekend.  Then I’m going to tell my best friends next week probably.  I bought our dog a t-shirt that says “Big Sister” and we’re going to put it on her and send her out to see our parents.  

How are you staying healthy?  Drinking lots of water, taking my prenatal vitamins, trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk and processed stuff.  Going to start upping my exercise by walking more.

Are you planning to find out if you’re having a boy or girl or staying team green?  Team Green!  I don’t want to know.  

What are your highest hopes for this pregnancy and your little one?  I am just praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.