September 2014 and nothing done

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
2657 posts
Sugar bee

You already have the venue taken care of, that’s half the battle right there.  Start picking your bridesmaids and researching dresses – these are things you can get out of the way now.  If you’re into DIY, this may be a good time to start a project too.  I have a long engagement and I killed time by working on paper flowers.  We actually didn’t start booking things until about 7 months into our engagement and it all worked out fine 🙂

Post # 4
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

That is plenty of time!

Though you might want to start looking for a photog and a dress, so you can book them as soon as you do have the money!

Post # 5
4483 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I think you’ll be fine! Do your research and get your ducks in a row so you can spring into action in March 🙂

Post # 6
1259 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@jennmc85:  I agree with PP, the venue is the biggest thing. I think you have plenty of time. I have essentially planned our March wedding in 5 months. I don’t think you have anything to worry about!

I would start looking for dresses though because if you order them from a bridal shop, it could take a couple months. But you’re on the right track.

You can’t buy things with money you don’t have yet, so don’t panic. Good luck!

Post # 7
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@jennmc85:  Definitely start looking at dresses, speaking with vendors, etc. You can pick it all out now and start deposits once you get your money in hand. Keep in mind that most places do not require payment in full, including many bridal salons for wedding dresses and BM dresses.

I’m getting married in September and frankly, I’m starting to feel the clock tick quicker myself.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors