September 2014 mamas… Part 2!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Rock Hill Country Club, Manorville NY

🙂 I have my “COP” appointment Tuesday. Since my EDD varies depending on if you calculate it from my O date, LMP or weird cycle length, I might have to change mine 🙂

Post # 4
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Roll Call! 

Due Date: Based on LMP – September 13, 2014 (Exactly 6 years to the date DH and I met!)
I wasn’t tracking ovulation well this month, so I have no idea when I conceived, except based on my digital test saying 2-3 weeks ago.

Cycles trying (if applicable): 2 NTNP, 3 trying really, really hard

Symptoms so far: heartburn, strange abdominal twinges, lower back pain

First doctors appointment: No idea. I don’t have a family doctor, so I have to figure this out this week.

Most excited for: Preparing for baby with DH, he’s already researching family vehicles (Cute!), seeing my baby, sharing the news with family, having my baby be only 4 months younger than his/her cousin 🙂

Most nervous about: So nervous about miscarriage. Very, very tentative, but trying to get over it and just let myself be excited.

Do you plan to find out the gender?: Yes. I say this but haven’t actually asked my hubby what his thoughts are on the topic. lol

Hoping for a: happy, healthy baby, but my parents will already have two grandsons, so a girl would be special. Twins run in both our families… maybe we can score and get one of each? 😛

What will you miss most over the next 9  months: Diet Pepsi. I have cut it out entirely, even though I know one (or even two) is fine, but I figure that I’d rather be overly safe than sorry.

Possible names: I love Kaia if it’s a girl, hubby likes Flynn for a boy, but I don’t think it would work with our last name. lol He has been calling the embryo Flynn already so maybe it’ll be a NN if nothing else.

Just for fun, what color schemes are you thinking for a nursery? My mom has made me a beautiful quilt with forest animals in subdued earthy tones. I think we’ll do the walls a forest green and do white furniture or warm wood tones, but not chocolate brown. 

Post # 5
2449 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

How do you guys know y’alls potential due dates already without seeing a doctor? I’m estimating based on just my terrible math skills I’m probably 9/14.

Edit: duh, by last period. I need to read better. Lol.

Post # 7
2449 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  Sweet, thanks for the link! It says I’m 9/10 based on my last period but I think we conceived on 12/14 so it’ll likely be later. Lucky you to have a helpful midwife, when I called the obgyn they basically told nothing and said it’s pointless to see a doctor until February, I had to fight for an end of January appointment. :/

Post # 9
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Subscribing to stay connected!

I’m really excited… at first I didn’t think I would be able to get an appointment with an OB that delivers at my hospital of choice. But a friend referred me to her OB and I made an appointment for next wednesday. It’s nearly 2 weeks earlier than the first OB practice I booked an appointment with. I’ll be 6w4ds and the nurse who made the appointment said that it’s perfectly fine for the first prenatal. 

Post # 10
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Rock Hill Country Club, Manorville NY

Went to the doctor today and I have an updated EDD of September 10, 2014 🙂

Post # 11
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Can we add some poll/roll call questions?? I wanna know who’s already started telling people and who have you told? 

Post # 12
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Jilliebean1:  hooray! My doc told me 9/4 based on lmp but I’m pretty sure I O’d late so I’m guessing the 10th. I’ll find out at my dating scan. is your edd based off of lmp or something else?

Post # 13
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@projectbrownie:  that’s awesome! I’ll need to switch doctors to deliver at the hospital I want…. I was going to wait until after my first u/s but now you have me thinking I could do it now and maybe get in sooner. My current doc doesn’t see people until 9 weeks

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors