September 2014 Mamas Part II

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you plan to share the news with family and friends?
    Family - Already have! : (21 votes)
    16 %
    Family - When I see/hear the heartbeat! : (27 votes)
    21 %
    Family - After the first trimester! : (12 votes)
    9 %
    Family - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms) : (6 votes)
    5 %
    Friends - Already have! : (9 votes)
    7 %
    Friends - When I see/hear the heartbeat! : (12 votes)
    9 %
    Friends - After the first trimester! : (41 votes)
    32 %
    Friends - When I can't keep it a secret any longer (obvious belly or obvious baby in my arms) : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    4440 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Hi guys!! Thanks FMM! 🙂 Just a reminder I started a September Mommas thread on Facebook. If you’re interested PM me and let me know 🙂

Post # 4
    446 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I can’t believe we’re already on part 2! Can we add a poll or something? Not sure about what so clearly I’m super helpful haha.

Post # 6
    4440 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I just like the privacy of the fb thread, and it’s easier to get notifications and use from my phone rather than Wbee at work haha.  When everyones ready that’s cool 🙂 Serves the same purpose as here!

Post # 7
    5460 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

@FMM:  Thanks for starting the thread!  You can do a poll about when you plan on sharing the news with friends &/or family?

@BellaDee:  I may hop onto a FB group but I think I’m going to wait until I’m a little bit farther along 🙂

Post # 9
    838 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@FMM:  Can you add me to Sept 13, please? I feel like there was already a second thread (started by someone else?) and I roll called on that… TIA

Post # 10
    838 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Finally got my 3+! Such a relief!

Post # 12
    446 posts
    Helper bee

@NLbride:  Woohoo congrats! I’m hoping to get a 3+ on Saturday, I’ll be 5w4d then 🙂

As for the poll, we’ve already told immediate family and best friends. We’ll tell grandparents/generally become more relaxed with the news after we hear a heartbeat. I’ll be exactly 12 weeks on my birthday on March 5th, so *if* we do a big FB announcement, I feel like that’d be the day. Still on the fence about whether I even want to do that.

Post # 13
    469 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@FMM:  thanks for the new thread 

I think I’m in a minority, I peed on the one and only test I had in the house, and haven’t felt the slightest urge to take another. I did have betas drawn though that almost tripled in 48 hours so maybe that’s the difference.  🙂 

Post # 14
    671 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@terpalum10:  I have a lot of people who do FB announcments.  I’ve decided not to post on Facebook.

Is anyone rediculously hungry?  If I am not eating, I get queasy.  There is a sweet spot for about half an hour after I’ve eaten  that I am not queasy or hungry, but that goes away REAL fast.

Post # 15
    446 posts
    Helper bee

@amandasf:  Yeah I don’t know about them either. Inevitably there’s always someone you forgot to tell, etc. We’ll see how I feel when it gets closer.

SO. RIDICULOUSLY. HUNGRY. My only real symptoms are increased hunger and fatigue. Like you, I only get nauseated when I haven’t eaten lately or gotten enough protein. I’m usually not a huge eater and I measure out my meal servings, so it’s blatantly obvious that something is out of the norm for me. I can also feel something in there when I try to suck in my tummy – I’m sure it’s things shifting around, but still, weirdly encouraging!

Post # 16
    298 posts
    Helper bee

@amandasf:  I am in the same boat. I feel like I am constantly stuffing my face so I don’t feel sick (not that it works). Over the weekend I felt my stomach growl for the first time in weeks and it felt weird. I am almost having to force myself to eat though. At dinner last night I just didn’t feel like eating but made myself have a little bit. Halfway through I started feeling better and went back and got seconds.

Has anyone made comments about you looking sick? My mom told me over the weekend that I looked a little “green around the edges.” Kind of like I was hungover. I said that is exactly how I feel. No one else has said anything, maybe she is the only one comfortable enought to say something like that.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors