September 2014 Weddings- anyone losing weight/ toning up?

posted 3 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I plan to lose 30 pounds.  I’m one of those people that will work out for a couple of weeks, then stop, then start up again.  But this time I feel different and will (hopefully) stick with it.  I’m also like you:  the honeymoon we just booked motivates me almost more than looking good in my dress. I can’t wait to be on that Jamaican beach!

I plan to do some type of activity every day.  I’m going to sign up for a half marathon (I’ve been pretty good at doing 5k’s).  Running is my cardio.  I also love taking the body pump class at my gym.  Like I said, consistency will be the difference for me.

For diet, I plan on doing a modified version of the Atkins.  Basically, I won’t be as strict (maybe South Beach is more like it?), and will have a cheat day either Saturday or Sunday.

Good luck ladies!

Post # 4
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

I started a few months ago with a goal of 10 lbs.  I want to be at 114.  I am down to about 120.9.  I am 5’5″.  I just limit my portions and try to eat healthier foods with fewer calories.  I wish I had the motivation to exercise… Bahhhhhh humbug!

Post # 5
259 posts
Helper bee

I restarted WW again today.  I was at 155 about a month ago, now I am at 162..need to get back on track!  I am telling myself to do Couch 25K and toning class on Friday night at my gym.  When it warms up, FI and I can take our PitBack for walks (and hopefully at that time I will be able to run with him)!

Post # 6
236 posts
Helper bee

I’m trying! I’ve lost 4 stone and 10 lbs over the past two years (that’s 66lbs) but I usually diet for a bit, then maintain, diet more, maintain lol. I put on 7lbs after ordering my dress, but thankfully 4 of those have dropped off again already! I’m hoping to lose about 20lbs more before the wedding, which at 5 foot 8 will put me at about 160lbs, which is perfect for my body shape (im very busty). I want to be about a Uk size 12 and I’m a 14 now

Post # 7
1059 posts
Bumble bee

@Bridebee13:  A little late to the game, but I’m looking at about 15 lbs. I’m currently 145, I’d like to be ~130. I was down at 135 for a while but I started slacking and got back up. I’m 5’5.5″ (I count the extra half inch to make myself feel better lol). If I could be 130 for the wedding and honeymoon, I’d be a happy camper.

Post # 9
1059 posts
Bumble bee

@Bridebee13:  I was at 135 for a while, but the way I say there is by weighing myself every morning. If I start to gain a pound or two I check it at the door. We remodeled my bathroom and the scale got lost in the debris. My weight suffered as a result. Sad, I know. I was 142.8 this morning, so not as bad as I thought.

I lose weight the best by doing a mix of cardio and weights. I do cardio 2 or 3 times a week and lift 3 times a week. Nothing crazy. I do about 5 miles on the elliptical or treadmill for cardio (in the summer I’ll jog outside). I do low weight, high rep circuit lifting. I can do a whole body work out in about an hour: legs, back, shoulders, bis, tris, and abs.

I haven’t been going as much lately since my gym partner moved and I like lifting with someone better than going by myself. Not a good excuse. I’m also really busy during the holidays. Lots of traveling and work is crazy in the winter months because of freezing equipment out in the field (things break, I have to figure out how to fix them). I’m hoping I can get back to the gym soon. Once I’m in a routine I am pretty good at sticking with it. I think mainly I need to find a new work out partner to be accountable to.

I also tend to eat better when I’ve been working out. Just because I don’t want to “undo” the hard work I put in. I count calories in the amount of time I’d have to spend on the treadmill. Lol.

ETA: I also use myfitnesspal.com. It really helps me be acountable to what I’m eating and how much I’m working out. It’s really encouraging to see progress.

Post # 10
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Marshall Park/Parsons Garden, Seattle, WA

@Bridebee13:  I’ve been lurking forever, decided to post so I can have some sort of accountability. Embarassed

I’ve been dealing with PCOS and have gained a significant amount of weight since I met FI, and my goal is to lose about 2-3 lbs a week.  I work out 4-5 times a week alternating weights and cardio (Zumba). 

I’ve read that you have to alter your diet with PCOS, so FI and I are going to go Paleo with the smaller 5-6 meals a day.  I’m hoping cutting out wheat, dairy and sugar will help. I’m really glad he’s being supportive and changing his diet with me, even though he doesn’t have to. 

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

I started on a legitimate fitness plan in January 2013 and lost about 28 pounds, but I want to lose about 17 more pounds to bring me to around 130 lbs. (I’m 5’4″)

I have been doing a lot of running and this year I want to focus on strength training and toning up.  I need to rework on my nutrition.  If any one else uses myfitnesspal, feel free to friend me: barrkl is my user name!

Post # 13
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’ve started a private FB group for support, motivation, and accountability.  If anyone would like to join send me a message or email me ALStormy@gmail.com.  I want to keep it small, no more than about 15 people.  I’ve lost about 30lbs since October and would like to lose about 60 more before August.

Post # 14
93 posts
Worker bee

I would like to lose a total of about 30-40 pounds before September wedding at at least 20 before engagement pictures in May!  

I work 28 days a month and it it has lead to some weight gain!  Currently 210 and would like to be 170-180!  I hide the weight pretty well on my frame but I want to feel beautiful on my wedding day and comfortable in my dress!

i am a paramedic so it is very hard to schedule in workouts when you don’t know if you will be on a call or not…but my co workers and I try to do circuit training every other day and I use a rowing machine for cardio when I have the time !!!

good luck to all the bees out there working on their fitness! We will all be glowing  from the inside out regardless, and the man  at the end of the aisle will be blown away for certain 🙂

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Our wedding is on September 20, 2014. A couple of years ago I lost 80 pounds, and have sucessfully kept off between 75-80!  I’m 5’6 and currently 145 pounds. I’d love to be between 135-140 and tone up more! Let’s keep each other motivated and look fabulous on our wedding days!

Post # 16
162 posts
Blushing bee

I don’t necessarily want to lose weight but I do want to tone up – especially the back and arms since they will be what is visible in my dress. Plus, I just want to get stronger in general. For Christmas my Mom gifted my FI and I with a 9 month paid membership to a gym thats about 2 mintues away from us. It really has been going well and we love it so far! FI however is trying to lose about 40 pounds by the wedding date.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors