September 2015- 10 months to go!!!

posted 2 years ago in September 2015
Post # 2
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

No one with a truly messy living room ever admits to having a messy living room. (;

FI and I got a lot done last week–ceremony/reception booked, and all inclusive packaging means that the DJ, florist, bakery, et. al. are booked too! We picked out the tuxedos and I picked my dress, but have not yet ordered it. STDs will be ordered shortly. I also ordered my bridesmaid gifts. Yay! Everything is coming together!

Post # 3
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Ceremony and Reception: Historic mansion on the water

We definitely have a lot done but still have several key items to check off including the cake, minister/pastor, and transportation.  I am looking at invitations now ordering samples and trying to narrow down style.  My STDs will be going out late Dec/early Jan.  

@MrsPhishBee – Your daughter looks as happy as she can be.  Too cute!

Post # 4
851 posts
Busy bee

I’m still working on getting a caterer (such a pain, ugh). I have an appointment to go dress shopping on Dec 18th. I’m ordering my invitations tomorrow and my MIL should be done with my STDs before Christmas. I feel like I have so much done, but still so much to do…

Post # 5
2059 posts
Buzzing bee

I am doing well! There Are off course things to do, but i feel like I have a good start! Venue and catering, officiant, DJ, photographer, and photobooth are all booked. My sister’s wedding is coming up in a few months and I am her maid of honor so my wedding plans are pretty much being placed on hold. Save the Dates are half addressed. Waiting on FI to get me the addresses for his side! Planning to send those out in January.

OP your daughter is adorable!!!

Post # 6
2626 posts
Sugar bee

I’m struggling with finding a photographer that I like that fits into our budget!

Post # 7
2549 posts
Sugar bee

MrsPhishBee:  She is a doll! We sent out the save the dates a week and a half ago, and next is bridal party attire and my dress!!  We should also sit down and talk about who we want to ask to get ordained to officiate our wedding.

Post # 8
293 posts
Helper bee

Venue booked and paid for

DJ and photobooth booked and paid for

dress bought

Save the dates done and mailed

wedding website done

hotel rooms blocked off

florist booked (need to pay deposit)

Photographer found (need to pay deposit)

cake tasting this Saturday!

picking out tuxes/suits next week (although it may be a battle – he is suddenly telling me he doesn’t want to wear black but my dress has black on it and I really want him to wear black)

all signage done for wedding, still needs to be printed (unless FI refuses to wear black then the wedding colors will be changed)

I have plans for centerpieces and other room decor in my head already. I know the officiant we’d like to use just need to check availability and book.

Other then the cake tasting ann chexking out tuxes I am taking a break until January.

Post # 9
300 posts
Helper bee

Ordered STDs (thanks, Cyber Monday!) and dress today. It is expected to arrive in six months! That seems so far away. 🙁

Post # 10
851 posts
Busy bee

Ordered my invites and my envelopes. Still working on this caterer nonsense. Our wedsite is almost done, and next week is dress shopping! 

Post # 12
7753 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I just got an email that our STDs arrived too! Very excited to see them. I’m going to send in Feb as FBILs invites go out in March and we don’t want to overwhelm! 

Got to get all our addresses in a nice doc- half of which we have from our engagement party. Hope to get them all addressed over my holiday break. We get Christmas eve- through Jan 3rd off. Can’t wait.

sometimes it feels like a million years away and others too soon!

Post # 13
7753 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Also asking my uncle to officiate at Christmas!

Post # 14
2626 posts
Sugar bee

The church that I want for our ceremony is available! I’ve emailed the rep to see if we can go down for a tour outside of her business hours, cause she is there W and F 9-3:30 and FI and I both work M-F 7-5:30!

I’ve also found a couple photographers that I like who are in or at least closer to my price range

Post # 15
2019 posts
Buzzing bee

BUMP: 3 months later – where are the September 2015 brides in your planning now? Have you done a lot in the last 3 months? What will you be doing the last 6/7 months?

We’ve:

– booked the ceremony venue

– booked the reception site (and they do in-house food and alcohol)

– sent save-the-dates

– booked a photographer

– booked a DJ

– bought a dress

– bought MY wedding ring

– ordered invitations

We still need to:

– buy groom’s suit and wedding ring

– book a florist

– decide on colors / decide on centerpieces / decide on all decorations! (this one’s scaring me)

– decide on a cake (vs. dessert table vs. cupcakes vs. everything else on pinterest)

– decide who will be our officiant

– arrange day-of transportation (and figure out all other day-of stuff, like schedule and where we’ll get ready)

– decide on and book hair and makeup for the day-of

– So many other little details: submitting a playlist to the DJ, making the final decisions regarding our menu, buying gifts for our parents

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors