SEPTEMBER 2015 Brides-when are you…?

posted 2 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

mrsdevries:  we’re looking at ordering about the march mark. that means all final decisions has to be made by then. we talked to a few bridal salons and they told us about 6 months from ordering to fittings to pick up. so we’re going to start looking about late jan/early feb mark. i’d rather err on the side of ordering it too soon than later just incase ‘something’ happens. 

Post # 3
1043 posts
Bumble bee

Plan on taking them looking later this fall then order by spring I’m leaving the time gap to watch for sales. 

Post # 4
2566 posts
Sugar bee

I’m thinking early next year… January or February.  I want to get my dress first, and I’m thinking that won’t happen until around Xmas time when my sister visits.  But I think I’ll also go check out bridesmaids dresses with her at that time.

Post # 5
61 posts
Worker bee

We’re going to go look in December- I live across the country from all of my bridesmaids and my wedding and won’t be back again until May 2015. We will probably order shortly thereafter just to avoid a style being discontinued. 

Post # 7
1538 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m an August bride, but I am having my bridesmaids order by Thanksgiving. Last year for a wedding I was in in (August as well), we ordered 6 months early (February) and the dresses barely arrived in time. I’m talking 2 weeks before the wedding, just enough time for alterations. I was told by salons that most dressmakers are closed for the holiday season (months of December+ January) so I am taking that in account as well. Since i already know what dress I want them to wear, I don’t see the point in waiting. 

Post # 8
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m late September and I hope we’ll be ordering in January.

Post # 10
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

mrsdevries:  that’s my date too! Yay! Yes my general rule of planning for this wedding is whatever the standard timeline is…do it 2 months earlier!

Post # 12
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

mrsdevries:  I’ve found that my favorite BMs are the ones that are happy with their lives. 2 of mine are not so happy with their relationship situations and so they just can’t find the heart to be all in. I just give them a break and expect the bare minimum and bounce things off my happy BMs (who are in turn, happy for me)

Post # 13
69 posts
Worker bee

Aah these boards are making me stress out–everyone seems so far ahead of me in their planning! And I thought I was ahead of the game LOL… I am not even going to go shop for my own dress until January.  I think I will try to have the BMs order their dresses by the end of March…

Post # 14
62 posts
Worker bee

We’re ordering online from a seller on DHgate.com  I was going to have the girls order their by March.  We ordered a sample of the dress last year for a bridesmaid who has been the same size for as long as I can remember — just so we’d know what they looked like in person and how long they took to come in.  I believe we ordered the dress in August and it came in sometime in December — so 4 months.

Ordering them in March will give my girls 2 months to have any alterations done (which should be minimal since they’re made to measure) and to get any wrinkles out (since they come in that epacket from China )

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors