September 2017 Brides getting fit and healthy!

posted 12 months ago in September 2017
Post # 2
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I WISH i could get the motivation to lose weight! Well, not neccessarily lose weight but I need to build my fitness level up, I’m only 26 and I get out of breath going up stairs! I need to tone up. I don’t eat TOO much bad stuff, its mainly that I can’t stop being lazy and doing something! Haha 

We tried exercising at home but just didnt work. There’s only one gym near us, it’s expensive, and I have to drive half hour from work, past my own home then another 15 minutes to get to it. No gyms between work and home! So have to make an extra journey to get there too, which puts me off further!

But I’ll have to start dress shopping soon. And i dont wear dresses. Ever. I’m not looking forward to it to be honest so I want to look and feel my best. You’d think that would make me want to actually do something. Instead I reach for cake haha

Post # 3
13 posts
Newbee

I’ll happily jump on this thread! Exact date not yet chosen, but looking at a September 2017 wedding after getting engaged on June 4th this year (so, only been a bit over a week!). I’ve already lost a significant amount of weight (160lbs) successfully on my own, but I’d like to lose a bit more. In fact, I even have a consult booked with a plastic surgeon next week to see what my options are that way.

Curious how much other brides to be are looking to lose and what they are doing in terms of meal planning/diets/exercise regimes!

Post # 4
50 posts
Worker bee

My bright idea was to “get fit” before wedding shopping in September of this year (because who wants to be frantically trying to lose weight to fit the dress after you’ve ordered it?) I have been pretty great about working out, but I just cannot eat more healthily to save my life. I love food, healthy or not, so I eat huge portions of “healthy meals” in addition to snacking on all the bad stuff.  I hate the idea of counting calories or going on a fixed menu type diet, so I really want to focus on slowly reducing portions, making smarter choices (ie. don’t let the free snacks in the lunch room at work tempt me), etc. so that it becomes a natural lifestyle habit rather than a “diet.”  So far… that’s not been so successful.

Post # 6
193 posts
Blushing bee

planningandprepping:  None! Is that bad? Haha we tried doing circuits at home, but I can’t be bothered! I used to do zumba with my friend which was fun but stopped due to work. Currently do line dancing on a tuesday evening, which we “dance” a few miles in but thats about it! I need classes, some reason to go cos if I go to the gym on my own I won’t try that hard lol! The gym I’m looking at is more intense training, it’s run by ex-firemen and it’s like weights and hard stuff. I might die when I do eventually go! haha

Post # 8
378 posts
Helper bee

I’d love to join in on this thread! My wedding in 9/23/17 and I’m hoping to lose 20-30 pounds before the wedding. Last summer/fall I lost 20 pounds for a vacation I wanted to look good for by using myfitnesspal and working out 3-4 days week, but after the vacation I stopped exercising and ate very poorly and gained it all back plus 5 more pounds! Now I’ve been working out for the past couple of weeks but really struggling with the dieting because I love food! So I haven’t lost any weight yet. I re-downloaded myfitnesspal and started tracking my calories again starting yesterday. It’s a pain but it seems to be the only helpful thing for me for losing weight. 

A couple weeks ago I went dress shopping with my MOH and it was not a good experience because I did not feel confident at all with my body. I’ll be going again this fall so I’m hoping I can be closer to my goal weight and more confident by then. 

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee

planningandprepping: I’ve done a few different things – Initially I worked with a nutritionist from Eastern Canada via online training who set me up with a meal plan. It worked well in the beginning to give me the head start I needed, but six meals a day of chicken and veggies just isn’t something I could sustain long term. So this year I’ve switched to intermittent fasting and tracking my macros (fats/carbs/proteins). I also walk 7-20km a day depending on the day and I usually do 45 minutes of weight lifting 5-6 days a week. I’ve been off weight lifting for a while because of a herniated disc but I’m slowly getting back into the groove of things!

Post # 12
33 posts
Newbee

I’m happy to join on this thread. I’m also going to throw out that MyFitnessPal has been a great motivator for me (even when going to the gym is not)!

Post # 13
50 posts
Worker bee

tcclare:  Tell me more about your intermittent fasting protocol. As I understand it, there are a variety of different ways to go about it.

Post # 14
13 posts
Newbee

ladytimberwolf:  I follow Warrior Diet Hours (20 hours fasted, 4 hours fed) but not necessarily Warrior Diet protocol. When I’m eating I follow more of a macro-based diet. Focus on lean protein, whole grains, fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. But, these two methods combined allows me to have a little treat on a regular basis which is great since I live with a baker!

Post # 15
741 posts
Busy bee

We just moved to a new area and gyms and studios are WAY more expensive than I’m used to. So I said screw it and ordered a Pilates reformer from overstock. Why pay $80 a lesson, when I can buy a studio level machine for $900? Seemed like a no brainer. Hopefully it comes soon! I need to get back on the medical diet I’m supposed to be on too…just say NO to gluten and soy! haha.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors