(Closed) September 25, 2010 wedding date should I be getting more done?!?!

posted 8 years ago in September 2010
Post # 3
410 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You have plenty of time, don’t freat out.  I am getting married in June 2010 and havnt really gotten into all the venders yet besides our venue and looking up numbers to call.  It is nice to get some of the little stuff out of the way eary.  Like, I have my invites all designed, and my STD’s have been done for a few weeks.  If you are DIY start some of the stuff that wont ruin sitting for a year. Also, relax and enjoy the ride.

Post # 4
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think you’re fine. I’m the week after you, and I’ve got ceremony and venue booked, and am now choosing photographers. But I think you’ve got plenty of time. As you say, ceremony and venue are the big ones — there are alternatives for everything else!

What has really helped me is that I’ve got a giant grid of everything that will eventually need to be done, who’s in charge of it, ideas we’ve had and what we’ve got planned so far, etc etc. It helps to put it all into perspective and to know where we are and what needs doing next.

Post # 5
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You have plenty of time- and something I have realized during this process is that my mind has changed on SO many things! I am glad I didn’t pay for/book certain things earlier, because I don’t want them now. I’d say your fine, but definitely start brainstorming and congratulations!

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am also a September 25, 2010 bride.  We have plenty of time! I had my first meeting with the caterers yesterday…and that’s about all I have accomplished besides day dreaming and clipping bridal magazines to shreds!  I had been feeling completely overwhelmed with the enormity of planning a wedding, but by meeting with a caterer who is willing to price check tents and cakes etc has put my mind at ease.  Have you tried mapping out what needs to be accomplished month by month? This might help with the worrying…I am a worrier as well, so I hear ya!  It sounds like you are trying to see what is out there for vendors and pondering what you would like your day to be…I thiink you’re on target!

Post # 7
512 posts
Busy bee

Same date!  I have the venue for reception and ceremony, priest, and photog.  I just ordered my dress last weekend and picked out BM dresses.  Getting antsy about finding a DJ.  Our budget isn’t huge so I am trying to book the good, cheap people as soon as possible.

Post # 8
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m a Sept. 25 bride too (our one year mark is almost here!)

I have the church, reception, photographer and dj booked. I’ve gone dress shopping and deciding between a few. As far as details go, we are hammering them out slowly but surely! You can read up on my blog here about our latest stuff: http://crosscountrywed.blogspot.com

Post # 9
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

You’re okay. If you have the major things booked (venue), and you can be flexible about the rest (like the caterer and the photographer), you are fine. We booked our venue about 15 months in advance, but after that, we did almost nothing until the 7 month point… it was a whirlwind month, but there was nothing that we wanted that we couldn’t get due to it being unavailable for the date. 🙂

Post # 10
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

I think you are definitely fine!  We planned the whole thing in 6 mos.  Most of it depends on your area..how much competition it is and how refined/picky your tastes are on photography, etc.  The earlier you go, the more selection, but also the more stressed you’ll get for no reason, and the more time to change your mind.

I would say on the dress, though, that you shouldn’t wait for the gym visits to pay off necessarily.  Whatever looks good on you now, will just look even better on you post-gym…it is unlikely to completely change what looks good on you.  You just could try on a few more, then hold off ordering it until you get closer to when you “have” to order it, to get your final measurements.  Enjoy the extra time you have…people used to have 6 mos engagements all the time, and just bc they are now more like 16 mos, doesn’t mean you HAVE to follow other people’s standards (which in some cases are just out of control, ways to convince people to spend more $ on their “special day”)  😉

The topic ‘September 25, 2010 wedding date should I be getting more done?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors