(Closed) September 7, 2013 brides… it's 100 days!! Post your thoughts/pics

posted 4 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

AHHHH! It’s starting to feel real again!! I just mailed out my bridal shower invites (yes, I’m doing my own shower, don’t ask!) My FH and I just made our card box, almost finished with our mason jar decorating (what everyone will be drinking out of).  My mother in law is making all of our signs and my father in law is making our archway made of wood.  Also, reserving our dance floor this weekend! We’re having the wedding at our house, outside in our backyard!

Can’t wait for the big day!!!

Post # 4
1066 posts
Bumble bee

I blocked it out for as long as I could but now I need to start making decisions. I have written the invites and sent off all the family ones to Australia. I have looked at cakes and flowers and now have a DJ. I got a wee bit nervous when I found out my dress doesnt arrive till August from the states, as I have lost a lot of weight. But the dressmaker assures me we will have plenty of time for adjustments. I am getting excited again!

Post # 5
551 posts
Busy bee

@sam.stoinski:  My mom and sister are planning my shower, but have somehow gotten me very involved & I’m buying all of the decorations. It’s funny how similar our weddings are 🙂 Do you know what company you are renting the dance floor through? We were quoted a ridiculous price; we are tempted to make our own!

Post # 6
255 posts
Helper bee

@Dareebs:  It’s funny you mention the dance floor…Saturday we went to the rental place, A1 rental, who quoted me around $100.  When we got there he quoted me $360!! We are DEFINITELY making our own! 

Post # 8
255 posts
Helper bee

@futuremrshumble:  We’re debating on either using pallets and 2×4’s or just plywood and covering it with some roll out linoleum flooring that we find on sale at lowe’s or home depot!

Post # 9
551 posts
Busy bee

@sam.stoinski:  Oh my gosh, our quote was $530!!! We aren’t sure how to make one, though, so unless we figure it out soon, we might just have to suck it up 🙁

Post # 10
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Picking up my dress today, and picked up my WB this past weekend. It’s getting closer. 89.

Post # 11
255 posts
Helper bee

@Dareebs:  UGH, maybe I’ll do some research in my spare time this week on making a dancefloor and send you some links! I need to figure it out, too, anyways!!

Post # 12
198 posts
Blushing bee

Hi date twins!

What are you all up to now? I’m having my tasting this weekend and next weekend will be my second fitting of my dress and hair and makeup trial! So much going on right now!

The topic ‘September 7, 2013 brides… it's 100 days!! Post your thoughts/pics’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors