September to do list, May 2014 brides!

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - NH

I have the vendor and photographer…I’m hoping to get arrange for pro winter engagement photos, some for Xmas cards, others for save the dates.   Also trying to decide what to do for my wedding party.

Post # 4
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - alder manor

I’ve got the dress, DJ, photographer. videographer, florist, obviously the venue……. officiant, ceremony music……

Right now I’m focusing on the save the dates, which I need ASAP, as I am inviting guests from oversea…… that needs to be done by end of the month no doubt. I’ve also been looking at BM dresses, as all of my bridesmaids are also over seas, I have to order them, and have them shipped to the girls for alterations, etc. If I get those two things done this month, I’ll be happy!

Post # 5
1028 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

This month is really about sending out the rest of our destination wedding invitations and keeping an eye on flight prices so we can keep all our guests in the loop. Our RSVPs are due the middle of next month which will give us a better idea as to who is/isnt coming and we can better plan.

And no worries on your dress. You still have time. Just make sure it’s something you absolutely love.

Post # 6
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@AnaA:  

Something to make you feel better: March bride here with no dress! 

Post # 7
2209 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@AnaA:  I haven’t ordered my dress yet, either!  Planning on doing that later this month.  We also have our e-session late this month.  I think I have my outfits figured out…but I still have to make at least one more dress.  🙂

We also need to make our wedding website, since we’ll be sending out our Save the Dates as soon as we get our e-pics back!

Post # 8
Hostess
2575 posts
Sugar bee

My September to-do list:

• Print/assemble/send our STD’s
  • Book a hair/makeup person
  • Decide on what to do about flowers
  • Think about looking at BM dresses
  • Create wedding website

Post # 9
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

I need to decide on and book the resort and… yeah, that’s about it. Eloping was the best decision ever.

Post # 10
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - The Cove Lakeside Resort

I need to get a florist, look for Bridesmaids dresses (this weekend), get a sound system for the ceremony, work on DIY projects, book hair and makeup, look for tuxes, order invites (not all of these are to be done in september!)

Post # 11
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

I have my STDs sent, website done, my dress is ordered, bridesmaid dresses ordered, venues booked, food, cake, officiant, DJ, flowers, rehearsal dinner venue booked, decorations started, and I am currently putting together our invitations.

I think my goal for this month is to just keep up the work on my DIY projects. Mainly finishing our invitations. It’s almost there but it will take some time and I don’t want to feel rushed if I leave it too long. I also want to order our envelopes for our invites so I can start addressing them, it will take awhile.

The only thing I have left to book is our chair rentals for the ceremony site. Then we need to decide on the men’s attire before Christmas when FBIL will be in town to get measured etc. We also need to keep working on our ceremony wording etc..music selections..I feel like we’re down to just the details now.

Post # 12
69 posts
Worker bee

This month we’re picking out bridesmaid dresses, taking our engagement pictures, and collecting addresses for the STDs. We’ll send them out next month when we get our engagement pictures back.

Post # 13
637 posts
Busy bee

Woohoo May brides! 

I feel like I’m pretty ahead of the game, but I want to get things done quickly so I don’t have to worry about it! ha

So far I have: dress, church, reception venue (which also does the catering and whatnot), bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dresses, florist, photographer, save the dates, lighting/draping, DJ….

This month I’m hoping to get our bakery booked as well as sit down and talk invitations…hoping to have those ordered by November ultimately. Oh and also starting to look into booking the Honeymoon although that probably won’t be finalized until November as well.

I feel like I’m ahead of the game and then The Knot sends me more things to do – ahh!

Post # 14
538 posts
Busy bee

I have wedding and reception venue booked, bridesmaid dresses purchased, officiant booked, accommodations booked, most of the decor purchased, jr brides maid dresses purchased, save the dates mailed, website up, E pictures taken, and I am down 60lbs lol I didn’t realize how much I had accomplished until I just typed it here.

Post # 15
1287 posts
Bumble bee

Hey May brides!  My profile is incorrect, as I established my page long before an engagement, but I am getting married on May 3, 2014!

Because I am type A, a tad OCD, and really did not want to linger on any one decision for a long time, due to time constraints in general, the following is what I have done since mid-July to current:

Reception booked (which includes linens and cake), ceremony/officiant booked, rehearsal time for ceremony booked, and ceremony musicians picked out, with follow-up later as to the songs.  Photog, florist, DJ, transportation, hotel block, hair/mua booked.  Started designing invites, and receiving samples in mail (not doing STD’s).  Dress bought and on order.   Found my shoes on clearance.  Ordered my veil from Etsy. BM dresses picked out, and deadline of 11/1 given for measurements.  Stamps purchased in bulk – I did not want them to go ‘up’ between now and February when I send out invites!  Rehearsal dinner location booked.  I even scheduled all my hair appts from now til the week before the wedding, in order to touch up color for the more important things (engagement pics/shower/and of course the wedding!)

To-do in the next few months: Finalize groom/groomsman attire.  Keep up on my payment(s) timeline (I spread out payments over the entire 9-months, rather than the bulk lump sums required by most here and there).  We have our engagement pics next month, so need to get together an outfit, etc.  I am starting the hunt for my accessories, and BM’s bc I have a specific look I am trying to achieve.  Look for potential special occassion outfits, to see if I can find anything on sale (shower/bachelorette party/rehearsal).  And lastly, it was recommended to order my invites in November, so I will finalize those as well…

Good luck ladies…8-9 month mark and counting!!!

Post # 16
55 posts
Worker bee

@AnaA:  I ordered my dress in July. it’s supposed to be here either december or January.

My goal this month is too get my centerpieces in order, I will be making my own. And also I would like to pick out a veil i think,

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors