Post # 1
and i know that you ladies are super sweet.
So, even though I don’t have my ring (he’s waiting for something, i’m not sure what), him and I have been planning together for a while and both families know what’s going on. We’re going to look at the reception site on Thursday, but we won’t be able to even book it because my Fiance said he can’t swing the deposit this week. I’m worried that the venue is going to book up because this is the only sat left in October.
Time is really ticking. My parents know that my Fiance is going to ask me, but I feel strange really getting into conversation about the wedding with them unless we “look serious” (ie. ring). Because of this, I have no idea how much, if any, my parents will be able to swing to help us with the cost. Because of this, I’m having a hard time trying to budget this. Only 8 months and nothing is done…am I freaking out too much?
I’m really getting discouraged here…do I proceed to talk to my parents anyway about it even though he hasn’t actually proposed? I feel like I’m jinxing this! I know really the minute we began to plan for the wedding, we were engaged, but we’re also moving to Seattle a month after the wedding and as a inate planner…i’m going crazy.
I feel like this is totally backwards!
Post # 3
i think its ok to talk w/your family about planning and money, especially if you both know you are marrying each other! don’t worry about feeling silly either. maybe he doesn’t want to book the reception site until he has actually given you the ring? i was constantly worried about my favorite places booking up before my Fiance propsed, he kept telling me not to worry about it (how the heck will i NOT worry about it?!) come to find out, he proppsed, then proceeded to tell me how he had booked the sites and put the down payment down himself. just be patient, stay strong, and don’t go crazy! :o)
Post # 4
thanks so much! i will try my hardest. i actually think that you are right….so we’ll see?
Post # 5
Maybe have your stb Fiance talk to your parents too? Let them know that the engagement is def in the works might alleve some of their hesitation?
Post # 7
i don’t think they would be hestitant….i really just think that i’m overthinking things. i just have to do it! my pms doesn’t help. 🙂
Post # 8
I third Bellenga’s suggestion! 🙂 We were engaged months and months and months before a ring ever made its appearance! Can you afford the down payment yourself, from your savings? Good luck and I hope you get your beautiful, romantic proposal soon! 🙂
Post # 9
i can…i just was originally planning on that for the dress. i guess it’s better to book the reception now and do the dress later…maybe next month? i’m just getting super antsy and this waiting game is TERRIBLE.
i hate saying “we’re engaged” for other person to ask “oh! how did he propose?” and me following with “well…he actually hasn’t yet…”
makes me feel like such a crazy person!
Post # 10
Awww, Jenn! I 110% feel you. I am in word for word the same situation right now!
Follow blogs. That is what I have done and just breeze through a couple each day.. find some smaller details that captivate you. That is what I have been doing and piece by piece it is all falling together. We just booked our venue yesterday, but it required no deposit and is only $350 anyway, so I was very very lucky and I know that.
I have decided I will not ask my parents or his parents about anything before the ring comes. It is a personal decision. I am not even sure I will ask them after the ring, I will wait for them to offer. Money is hard for both of our families right now, so I know they will offer what they can.
I have my fingers crossed my “pappaw” might offer to throw in a good chunk.
Update me on what’s going on with you, it’s nice to have someone else who is in the same situation 🙂