- 9 years ago
- Wedding: October 2000
Yesterday, i was assisting someone to set up the tables for a reception. There were huge things that I saw that i don’t want happening in our wedding. I’ll spare you the details but…
1. Make it clear who will provide the table holders, ice and where you want the favors laid.
2. Inform the restaurant to setup in the correct area and inform others if there are last minute changes.
3. Make it clear who to call or defer situations to if there are questions that come up (mother of the bride or wedding coordinator)
4. Have the list of what the setup person should check for, arrange and put out. Write explicit directions IN ORDER. Go through and show/explain each page with the person who is doing it.
The biggest one:
5.If you have two sites, get two coordinators —one for the ceremony and one for the reception to make sure everything is set up well before things start.
6. Have a basket of snacks, goodies, water spritzer for wedding party/workers if there will be a long wait between when they start and when the food will be served.