(Closed) Severe back pain & cramping for three days during 26 wks

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

My cousin’s wife experienced this late in pregnancy and she found that sleeping in the recliner really helped.  Hope you can get some relief soon.  Can you go to a minor clinic?  We have them here where you don’t have to have insurance and it would be cheapier than the ER etc.  Also I know some pharmacies have started having clinics in them.  Like CVS has the minute clinic which has a registered PA.  I’ve gone there for a flu shot.

Good luck

Post # 4
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Can you get into your OB’s office just to make sure you’re not actually in early labour? I know the lack of insurance coverage right now is really difficult but based on the symptoms you’ve described, I think it’s really important you make sure the cramping and back pain aren’t indicative of contractions.   I know ER visits are super expensive but an office visit to your OB shouldn’t be more than a few hundred dollars.

I haven’t experienced this but I do know back pain and cramping are the signs of early labour and for me personally, I would rather be safe than sorry.   

I’m sorry – I hope you find a way to get some answers soon and hoping for a good outcome for you!

Post # 5
6021 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

With something like this I would say screw the medical bill and go get checked out. No bill is worth something being wrong and not getting the attention it needs. I understand it’s tough without insurance but since your baby is involved I suggest going in ASAP. 

With that said, I had a period of time around week 24 where I had horrible pain and it turned out to be pressure on a nerve. But it sounds like you said cramping which to me is not something that I felt. My pain was in my back. Please go get checked out just to be on the safe side. I hope things are ok and you find some relief 🙁 

Post # 6
597 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

It could be like sciatica…which I have been having. But now that I am 28 weeks, I’ve noticed its kind of gone away….it was feeling bad for a couple weeks. 

Post # 7
1434 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@luvalways86:  hmm if you can’t pay the 1,000 ER bill (WHO CAN!?) then i’d say try to aim for a couple hundred dollars or less and go see a chiropractor. I know here, 1 visit for a check-up on your back and an alignment can be about $75.00-$120.00. You never know, it might be better after that….at least the chiropractor can tell you if they’ve seen this before and what you should do.

I felt back pain too but yours sounds more dramatic so I’d get it checked out SOMEWHERE…not the ER. They do nothing anyways.

Post # 8
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

Is your back pain all over or spot specific?  I had kidney stones at about 28 weeks that was the worst stabby back pain I’ve probably ever felt, but it was spot specific to my right kidney.  It would come and go in waves, but persisted off and on for 4 days, with the worst being about 24-36 hours.  I ended up in Labor & Delivery at the hospital for it, but there was nothing they could really do other than pain meds.

As far as the cramping goes, are you hydrating enough?  Nightime is a classic time to become dehydrated.  You might try chugging lots of water to see if that helps.  That said, if the cramping is intense, I’d bite the bullet and try to get an appointment with your OB or an urgent care clinic or something….somebody/place that can monitor if you’re having contractions that maybe you can’t feel, and can check your cervix, etc to see if you’re dialating. 

Hope you feel better (and get your insurance back) soon!

The topic ‘Severe back pain & cramping for three days during 26 wks’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors