Post # 1
One of my favorite things to do is shop for bargains. Nothing makes me happier than finding something for way cheaper than the original price. Here are some of my bargains so far for my September 2014 wedding:
- Mori Lee Ballgown $190 (originally $899)- sample sale
- Giselle Beaded Alencon Lace Veil $130 (originally $350)- Bela Mera Bridal
- 90 Invitations w/ pockets, reply cards, etc $41- Michaels
- 50 save the date magnets and 50 thank you cards $25 (originaly $100)-vistaprint groupon
- 100 monogram custom cocktail napkins $22
- 120 20″x20″ polyester napkins $63.80- linentablecloth
- 12 120″ round tablecloths $124.68- linentablecloth
- 4 tier fondant cake for 100 people $350
- Buffet with 2 meats, 5 vegetables, salad, bread & 5 appetizers for 100 people $1800 (including service and tax!)
- FULL open bar for 100 guests for 4 hours $1000 (including bartenders)
What have you gotten a great deal on?
Post # 3
Oh tons. Most recently has been 30 ft led 7 function lights for $6.99 [the functions inlude twinkle, which is what I wanted!].
So happy I found them really cheap.
Post # 4
i found through weddingbee classifieds 20 -90×156″ tablecloths for $11 each! 🙂 cheaper than renting!!
Post # 5
custom cake topper $15, centerpieces less than $2 each, flowers $280 (1 bridal, 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man, 2 nosegays, 10 aisle arrangements, 5 table arrangements, rosepetals for the tables), coach wristlets $42 (normally $98), personalized hangers $1.40 each, pocketfold invites with 3 inserts $2.24 each, custom bridal and bridesmaids jewelry $70 (earrings, necklaces, bracelets), wedding programs free, escort cards free, thank you postcards free
Post # 6
@Soon_To_Be_Mrs_T: What a great deal on your gown!!!
I did not get that much of a discount, but I was still happy.
$399 for an all lace Casablanca sample that was $800.
Post # 7
Invitations $9.99 for 30
Venue $300 for two days!!
Photographer $0 close friend is doing it as her gift to us
Officiant and marriage counseling $0 my grandfather
Cake $0 made by my best friend’s mom
I may be missing more but at the moment can’t think of anything more!!
Post # 8
Bought my dress for $400 and it’s listed at $600 before tax!
Photogrpaher – $650! I found a student photographer who is fantastic! And I get a cd with ALL of the pictures.
I bought some candle sticks and two turqouise plates at goodwill for $3.00. I’m making them into a cake stand that will look almost identical to ones I found out etsy for $150-$250.
Post # 9
@Soon_To_Be_Mrs_T: I love this.
- We got married on a weekday afternoon (since we were having an intimate wedding anyway) and saved big! $400 for use of venue for 2 hrs, bouquet, boutonnière, Flower Girl flower petals, appetizers for 12, champagne toast for 12, and a two tier cake.
- His father officiated the ceremony for free.
- My BCBG (cocktail) dress was $368. I bought it on sale for just under $200 but then found it on eBay for $75!!!
- My Guess glitter shoes were $17.99 on clearance at DSW.
- My rhinestone embellished birdcage veil was just $8 from michaels with a coupon.
- I made my flower girl basket using a basket from goodwill (1.21 and half off so 60 cents), a remnant from a thrift store (50 cent) and some ribbon ($4 for the roll didn’t even use half).
- My FGs dress was under $25 (half off)
- My mothers friend gifted me with my bracelet and earrings (FREE!)
- my undergarments and garter were on clearance at sears. The longline bra was $12-15 and the garter came with a baby doll set for $6.99.
- Even my wedding set was on sale we saved over 20% (we used my ringbox instead of a Ring Bearer pillow)
- his tungsten wedding band was just $20 on amazon
Here are pics!
Post # 10
@Soon_To_Be_Mrs_T: oh I meant to add “WOW you got some really great deals”
Post # 11
@housebee: wow. Those are some great deals. I wanted the bridal hanger but nixed because I didn’t want to spend $15-$20 on a hanger. I wanted a custom cake topper too but all the ones I saw were way over $15!
Post # 12
@hikerchick: $300 for two days wow what a steal.
Post # 14
I got our save the dates and invites 50% off for $200.
The metal birdcages that will be the main part of our centerpieces were also 50% off at $10 a piece.
Our venue is a 100 year old barn, all wooden and restored, and we got it for only $1,000 and this includes 2 cases of wine from the vineyard it sits on.
Post # 16
micheals seriously has some great deals in their orange tag clearance – not wedding related but got a 12 pack of baby boy shower favor boxes for 22 cents, little baby shower bags 2 pack for 79 cents each hershey kisses in pink and blue foil for 1 dollar each 7 ounce bag. different locations have different things on clearance so i been having a hay day shopping at multiple locations and getting things for two different baby showers im co hosting