Post # 1
Hey all 🙂
I get to see my wonderful husband for the first time in three weeks this weekend and I want to make him an amazing dessert while I’m there. However, he is a major chocolate fan while I tend to gravitate toward other desserts and therefore I do not have a lot of recipes on hand for chocolate desserts.
So please share your most wonderfully decadent chocolate dessert or one you think looks amazing yet haven’t tried yet (with the recipes please!)
Post # 4
@MrsCanoodle: I don’t have any recipes to share, but I’d love to see some! 🙂
Post # 5
Post # 6
@MrsCanoodle: Well, my Fav Chocolate dessert of ALL time would have to be Molten Chocolate Cake. Here’s the receipe I use from Food and Wine magazine. I make it A lot. 🙂
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Butter and lightly flour four 6-ounce ramekins. Tap out the excess flour. Set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until thickened and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth. Quickly fold it into the egg mixture along with the flour. Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft. Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unmold. Serve immediately.
Post # 7
Flourless chocolate cake/torte is pretty good because it tends to be very very rich. They’re pretty easy to make. I googled, but here is one
If I was going to try for fancy…maybe a chocolate souffle, or fancy cheesecake.
If you like peanut butter I’ve always wanted to make this recipe but I haven’t done it yet
Post # 8
Post # 9
@MrsCanoodle: I make a variation of Death By Chocolate by layering chocolate cake, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, chocolate pudding, cool whip and skor bits. i cant stop eating it when I make it!
Post # 10
Thanks for the recipes ladies! They all look/sound delicious!