Post # 18
i’m having a terrible time trying to find a caterer for the lakes region. seem most places have in house and our venue does not! if you have any suggestions (restaurants, even) that would be wonderful! i’m planning this wedding from 3000 miles away and really feel like it’s getting more and more complicated. ugh.
thanks in advance!
Post # 20
- Venue : Alexandria Old Town Hall
- Caterer: The Sunset Grill, Campton
- Photographer: TK&J Lochmandy Photography, Henniker (We were their first wedding! They were so great to work with.)
- Florist: Made our own arrangements, however received wonderful help from Renaissance Florals, Bristol
- Cake: Peter Dumont
- Officiant: Rev. Susan Jepson
- Dress: J. Jill
- BM Dresses: J. Jill
- Hair Stylist: Jessie Torsey Whalen, Meredith
- Invitations: DH designed, printed with VistaPrint
A lot of the elements in our wedding were DIY. We planned our wedding from CA (as that is where we live, but wanted to get married nearer our families on the East Coast) but did a lot of research fro the best bargains possible – locally and online.
Please feel free to PM if you have any questions.
Post # 22
- Venue—Private farm in Lyme
- Caterer—Blood’s Catering in White River Junction, VT
- Photographer—Corey Garland (easy to work with so far http://coreygarland.com/)
- DJ—Aaron Denny—(http://aarondenny.com/home.cfm) HE IS AWESOME! He’ll be playing our ceremony/cocktail hour music on acoustic guitar as well.
- Florist—Valley Flower Company (http://valleyflowercompany.blogspot.com/) Morgan is amazing…my hero!
- Cake—cupcakes by the “Cupcake Queen” (http://www.cupcakequeen.net/)
- Officiant—none yet
- Dress—A L’Amour in Barrington, IL
- Shoes—Adidas 🙂
- Hair Stylist—best friend/cosmetologist
- Make-up Artist—not sure yet
- Invitations—made myself!
- Rings—E-ring from Illinois, wedding bands from Von Bargen’s in Hanover (http://vonbargens.com/)
We are from Illinois, but just moved to New Hampshire…excited to be checking some big things off the list lately!
Post # 24
Hello…I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on transportation for 30+ ppl? My reception is being held at the Mt.Washington Hotel and the ceremony is at St. Rose of Lima church in Littleton, NH. I would like for the whole wedding party and family, 30 ppl total, to travel back to the hotel together, but I am having a hard time finding a form of transportation that is not a school bus to accommodate that many ppl. I would like a trolley but will settle for nice coach bus. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Post # 25
Melmallar: Give The Shuttle Connection a call. 603.745.3140 or http://www.shuttleconnection.com
We used them for guest transportation for our wedding just outside of Littleton and they were AWESOME! Very reasonable rates too!
Post # 26
We’re still a year away from our wedding, so I’ll just list the vendors we’ve booked so far:
Venue: Brookstone Event Center
Caterer: Brookstone Event Center
Photographer: Amanda Perkins Photography
DJ: Chad Adrizzoni with Get Down Tonight Entertainment
Officiant: Pretty sure we’re going with Dan Griffiths. Just had a meeting with him today and we loved him.
Dress: Marry & Tux
Wedding bands: Blue Nile
STD magnets: magnetstreet.com
Post # 28
We still have some things to decide on, but we just made a trip out to New Hampshire and made a few decisions. Thought I’d post what we’ve decided so far…
- Venue: Family house in Hampstead
- Photographer: Family Friend
- Florist: Susanne’s Weddings. She was amazing! Gave her a few ideas and she was really able to help narrow things down and creat the look I was going for.
- Cake: Dutch Epicure Bakery. Just went to our cake tasting, AMAZING cake and really nice staff!
- Officiant: John Scuto from Blue Sky Wedding Services. Had an appointment with him to discuss what we wanted in our ceremony. Great personality, easy to talk to and a great resource if your’e looking to create your own ceremony but don’t quite know how to start!
- Dress: Mikaella Bridal
- BM Dress: Nordstrom
- Hair Stylist: Bleu Tangerine Salon and Day Spa. Had a hair consultant with the owner (as well as a mani/pedi 😉 Absolutely amazing with hair, able to create all sorts of wonderful looks off the top of her head as well as wiling to create any look I wanted on the big day based on a picture.
- Make-up Artist: Bleu Tangerine Salon and Day Spa. Haven’t sampled the make up services yet, but based on my other appointments there I am sure they will do a great job!
- Invitations: Papyrus-ordered online, but quick service and easy to order everything!
Post # 29
Venue for ceremony and reception: Inn on Newfound Lake, Bridgewater NH
Food: See above
Flowers: Jacques, Manchester
Cake and pie: Cornucopia Bakery- Audrey Pellegrino- Bristol
Linens: Divine Inspirations, Alexandria
Djs: Digital Age DJz, NH
Photographer: Eric McCallister, seacoast
Hair and makeup: Common Man Inn and Spa, Plymouth
Accomodations: Inn on Newfound Lake and Timberloch Lodge (cabins), Bridgewater
Acoustic guitar: Dwight Phetteplace, NH
Dance lessons: Dance Because, Manchester
Post # 32
- Venue for ceremony and reception: The Victoria Inn Hampton, NH – If you’re looking for a great place to have an outdoor wedding
- Caterer: The Galley Hatch Catering Hampton, NH
- Photographer: Orlando Claffey out of Boston, MA
- DJ: Friend
- Florist: My Nana
- Cake: The Well Dressed Cake Epping, NH – Flavor choices are amazing!! We’re having 6 different flavor cakes
- Officiant: Friend
- Dress: Madeleine’s Daughter Portsmouth, NH Maggie Sottero Carrie
- Shoes: not found yet
- BM Dress: Madeleine’s Daughter Portsmouth, NH Bill Levkoff Plum Chiffon all the ladies picked their own short dress
- Hair Stylist: Friend
- Make-up Artist: possibly Salon Sophia E. Hampstead, NH
- Invitations: The Cranberry Bog North Hampton, NH William Arthur
- Rings: Getting our bands from Fabuluster on Etsy from Topsham, ME (super excited about these) http://www.etsy.com/shop/fabuluster?ref=seller_info
DIYed – Save the Dates
DIYing – favors, decorations