Yikes! That sounds awful. I hate it when people chew with their mouth open. And seriously? Using the bathroom with the door open? Who does that? That’s just gross.
I once had a high school frind come visit me. It was terrible. Here are the highlights from that trip:
– While we were buying beer, he looked at me and said, “You’re going to buy this right.” He was perfectly serious. Granted, I was going to buy the beer, but I would have appreciated an offer to chip in since I was hosting him for the weekend. Or really, he could just not have said anything.
– Called my friend fat.
– Called another friend depressed/sad.
– Kept pulling my hair when I wouldn’t pay attention to him. He did this at least 3 times. He was 26.
– Got wasted and flat out REFUSED to pay for his one beer at the bar. He kept saying that because he was in school and I had a job I should pay. Of course, this was AFTER he went on about how much he made at his awesome law internship. And we’ve had conversations about money. He knows I had a ton of student loans so I was not better off than he was.
– Made a comment about how his GF was thinner than I was. I countered with I have bigger boobs.
– Tried to cuddle with me TWICE. I was single, but he had a GF. Also, he had pulled this before, and the other time he ended up trying to kiss me. So this time I pulled away before he had the chance to do anything more.
– Constantly made jokes about me fixing him a sandwich or tying his shoe because I was a woman. These were funny when we were 17 and he was trying to get me to hit him (ie make physical contact). But it’s no longer funny once you hit 26 (or really once you graduate high school).
– Wouldn’t get up in the morning for brunch for HOURS. He just laid in bed saying he was really hung over. I think we finally left the apartment at 11 or noon. My roommate was about to slap him. At this point in time, I was so annoyed with him, I told him he was buying me brunch. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure he never would have offered.
– I think he said thank you once, when I was taking him back to the airport. And I’m not even 100% sure about that one. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.
– Never offered to pay for anything. Not food, not drink, not gas (also had a 90 mile roundtrip commute to the airport).
– I took him back to the airport on a Monday before I went to work. He was ready, but I was still doing stuff. So what did he do? He sat on the pull-out couch where he selpt and just watched me. He didn’t attempt to put away the pillows or linens for fold up the couch – not until I asked him at least. Then, after I did, he picks up the pillows, looks at me, and asks where I want them. So I take them and put them in my room on the bed. When I come back out, he says, “I’m guessing you’ll want to wash these sheets.” When I say yes, he balls them up and puts them in the corner of the couch. (Mind you, it’s obvious our laundry machines are in my bathroom.) I don’t even remember what he did with the blanket, but I’m pretty sure he just threw it some where. I basically had to coach him on how to unmake his bed… Apparently it’s not common knowledge that you fold the sheets and blankets and stack everything in a nice little pile and fold up your bed…
I stopped talking to him for a while after that. Eventually, when I did. I called him out on his behavior. He had NO clue he had done anything wrong or inapproriate…