(Closed) She & He Posters

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
2829 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Create your text document and then insert it as a readable image into photoshop or GIMP on top of (as a new layer in *above* the existing) the “SHE” and “HE” respectively.

You will probably spend more time getting the she & he faded / to the opacity that you desire than you will putting the text in.

You could also do this in reverse with the text (all the things you love) as your background or first layer and then overlay the she and he as your second (or third -respectively) layer, though you would have to pay attention to your opacity to ensure that the text was all legible.

Post # 4
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Those are totally adorable! I’d think something like this could be made in Word or Pages. Typing in all the text and justifying it so it fills out the edges evenly, and then having the colored ‘He’ or ‘She’ text ‘sent to back’ and faded a bit so that the general words are over the top? It sounds like it should work, but I’ve never tried it with text, usually just a picture sent to back. Sounds like another project to test out on a DIY day 🙂

Post # 5
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I also saw this on the knot, and definitely wanted to do it, and completely forgot!  Thanks for reminding me!  After seeing your post, I made this up super quick in Photoshop.  My 4-am brain couldn’t come up with any other words to put in, so just imagine it!  Quick run-down of what I did/the fonts I used:

Open new document in the size you want.

The “she” font is “Impact” font, size 300, and bolded a bit (in Photoshop is says “sharp”, rather than bold).  I set the opacity at 45% here, but I will play around more with the real thing.

The smaller words are also “Impact” font, size 24, just not bolded.  Full opacity. 

Hopefully that gives you some ideas. Smile

[attachment=1526610,192658]

ETA – After posting that, I would prob. choose a different font for the smaller words, I don’t like how bold they turned out. 

The topic ‘She & He Posters’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors