(Closed) Should I Buy & Dye A Crinoline/Petticoat/Slip?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Colored Crinoline or Not?
    Yes! Go For The Colored Crinoline! : (28 votes)
    76 %
    No, Your Dress Doesn't Need it. : (4 votes)
    11 %
    It wouldn't go well with the dress : (5 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 3
    2947 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

If you love the look, you should definitely give it a try. ๐Ÿ™‚ Just make sure you practice on scrap tulle from a craft store before attempting the dyeing on your crinoline…

Post # 4
    622 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

I’m no good with how to dye. But you can buy crinoline’s of all shapes and sizes at a place like David’s Bridal. That’s where I got mine.

Post # 5
    Hostess
    23640 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I’m personally not a fan, but if you love it, then I say rock it!

Post # 6
    2947 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I know this is uber trendy right now, but i might attempt a very, very subtle blush color to compliment my sequins. Let me know how it turns out!

Post # 7
    6824 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

If you want to do it go for it!  I had planned on coloring mine but the seamstress kept it with the alterations and I won’t have time to dye it before the wedding. 

Post # 9
    5655 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

That was my inspiration too! unfortunately I just ran out of time to dye mine =( I say go for it though!!!

Post # 10
    217 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

it is cute, I love it in that picture, but I wouldn’t want it showing the rest of the time, is that how it works?  

Post # 11
    1690 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

i too am having a coloured one,  lilac,   but i am making my own,  and rather than dye a white one,  i just bought lilac fabric….

Post # 12
    236 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I love colored crinolines

Post # 13
    197 posts
    Blushing bee

I say buy some tulle and practice and see if you like the end result. I think it would be interesting to have a bit of color

Post # 14
    14 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2011

GO fOR it!! People told me my dress was too formal to Pop-the-color, but i LOVED it and had to do it! Plus, nobody sees it “during” the ceremony. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
    6 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2011

oh my gosh! I love the green one! my dress is about the same in fancy-ness so you have definitely sold me on it! 

The topic ‘Should I Buy & Dye A Crinoline/Petticoat/Slip?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors