Post # 1
Hi Bees, i need some advice i am having a wedding in another town then we were going to go back to our house and have the reception but i am not sure if that is a good idea? i was thinking if i have a venue it might be better cause the hotel is right there and they serve alcholol there and my catering could go there instead of my house. I am still undecided. I dont care about the money part. Its about parking and stuff i dont have alot of room for people to park and i am having about 45 people here? Help!
Post # 3
If money isn’t an issue, your life will be MUCH easier having at a venue. Setup, cleanup, bathrooms, parking, music, trash, blah blah blah. Is there a particular feel you’re going for? If you want a more homey/casual feel, you could look for restaurants that have an outdoor beer garden or nice event space. There are all kinds of venues that aren’t just the normal hotel ballroom, but will be much easier than having it at home.
Post # 4
The venue will be a lot easier and less stressful, versus arranging EVERYTHING to be brought in and set up in the backyard.
Post # 5
@NAvery: i wanted a more casual reception! Like we are having whoppie pies instead of cake. ( thats our favorite desert) and we thought it would be a casual diinner. I am just confused about the whole thing! I was going for apple theme since we love apple crisp and red color and old fashion reception. lol
Post # 6
Why I vote to use a venue:
1. Backyard= people have to drive to another town
2. Lots of time with set up, catering, etc at backyard reception (both day of and research wise). Family and friends who help cannot enjoy the day as much, as well as you and FI
3. Limited parking available at your home
4. Possible legal issues with home reception (noise, etc)
5. Possible issues with sewer system at your home
6. Will have tons of clean up to do the day after your wedding
Check to see if the hotel has an outdoor area you could use. You can still have the vibe you want if you are creative.