Should I move my wedding?

posted 2 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
Member
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I think you should wait a little longer before you decide. At least give it a month and see how she is feeling. Discuss this with her in a few weeks and then decide. 

I know I pondered the same thing with mine in November as well. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, has to go through surgery and my first inclination was to postpone. He’s doing great now and swears he’s going to be there with bells on. 

You have time, let her recover and just talk with her about what is best for everyone.

Post # 4
Member
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

She just had the surgery. At least give it a week or two and see how she is recovering. Of course it will take more time for her but at least you will have more information to base your decision on. 

1 rule my mother taught me was to NEVER make decisions while you are emotional. Promise yourself not to make that decision now. Just be there for her right now, even if it’s in thought, as I’m sure she is scared as hell right now. I’m sure either way she will be there. 

Big hugs!

Post # 6
Member
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Shit…just wanted to say I’m so sorry to hear about your mom! That is so rough, and scary.

I agree with PP maybe give it a week or so after surgery….what does your FI think?

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors