Post # 1
Well we went to go pick up Fiance’s ring today and they didn’t order it correctly. We wanted to add a diamond to the gunmetal tungsten carbide ring. We found out from another associate today that they cannot even do that. After 8 weeks of waiting, they have to order another ring that is a lighter brushed metal color but has the diamond on it. They put a rush on it and miraculously we will be getting it by the end of next week. After our discount, the ring cost us $250. I just looked on overstock.com and there is a ring almost identical for only $90. Should I just call them tomorrow and have them cancel it then order it from Overstock? I feel sort of bad for doing this, but then we would be saving $150. What should I do ladies????
Post # 3
Save where you can! I vote do it!
Post # 4
Yeah, I’d cancel the order and buy it from overstock.
Post # 5
I’d personally stay with what I already ordered, because I try to use the gold rule.
If I owned a business, I’d like to think people wouldn’t bail on their side of the commitment when the order has already been made and money has exchanged hands.
I might feel differently if the sales associates were rude to me, or I waited eons for the ring to come in, but they did what they could to rectify the situation in a speedy way, and for that I think they deserve your loyalty at least until the end of this transaction.
Post # 6
I would if they’ll let you. If they’re custom making it & it’s already been started, I wouldn’t, & they may not allow you to.
Post # 7
Thank you ladies
Well originally the associate who told me we could have that specific ring with a diamond in it, apparently did not order it the way he was suppose to because the new associate from today gave us attitude and treated us like it was OUR fault that they did not tell us we could not order that ring. They said we could cancel the order if we wanted to. Also we spoke to them around 2 pm today and they said they would contact us within an hour and they did not, so I had to call them around 8 pm and they said they tried calling but neither of our phones had missed calls. I normally would not pull out of the situation but since they already messed it up once, they could mess it up again. They also told me that we would not be given another discount because they said we could not find a ring at that price, which in fact, I did. So I plan on having my fiance call tomorrow morning and letting them know.
Post # 8
@MissS2MrsD: Having the back story makes it easy to see your side of things.
I think I’d pull out of this one too. They don’t seem to be very commited and customer oriented, and it doesn’t seem like you totally trust them.
I could see why you’d like the save a buck and move on.
Post # 9
@Kat: Yeah my fiance called today and they had no problem cancelling the order, we just have to take in our “stand in” ring this week and we will get our refund.
Post # 10
Sounds about right to me! 🙂