Should I resize my ring? (size 3.25 to 3.5)

posted 3 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Should I resize my ring?
    Yes, size up to a 3.5 : (3 votes)
    25 %
    No, leave it a size 3.25 : (9 votes)
    75 %
    Other, please explain : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    708 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@vanasme:  I don’t Healy have an answer for you, but I’m going through the same dilema! My ring is loose and easily slips off when wet, but is tight when it’s hot out or I eat salty things. 

I think I’m leaning towards sizing mine from. 6.25 to a 6.5….

Post # 4
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

Are you planning on having kids/gaining weight? If you are, get it re-sized.

If you’re not, I’d leave it!

Post # 5
    270 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I have similar complications as you, but I don’t get a rash… lol My e-ring has a wider band and sometimes feels like it gets snug… I think with a wider band you can get away with a bigger size b/c it pushes the finger fat outwards more? If that makes sense? And when I wear it with my wedding band (which is very thin) it makes my E-ring feel really tight… So I’m going to leave my wedding band at a 5.5 which is what I usually wear, and I’m going to up my E-ring to a 6.

Another thing you can can do if you do up the size of the wedding band, is have the 2 sodered together so you won’t worry about them slipping off as easy? I had a couple of friends do that and they are much happier because they kind of distribute on the finger well and are less likely to fall off?

Post # 6
    2731 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

Have you considered sizing beads? I had sizing beads placed in my e-ring when the 4.75 kept spinning. My finger size is actually about a 3.75-4. We had them size the ring up to a 5 and put in 2mm sizing beads bringing it down to around a 4 with 4.5 opening to get it off. It stopped the spinning. I do have to wrangle it when my hands swell from arthritis/heat but I can still get it off like before just no more spin when my hands are cold or normal size.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors