(Closed) Should I spend the extra $300 or $1000?

posted 7 years ago in Decor
  • poll: Which option should I get?
    Only uplighting for $300 : (28 votes)
    42 %
    Uplighting + Panel ceiling draping (Total $600) : (21 votes)
    31 %
    Uplighting + Fancy ceiling draping (Total $1300) : (7 votes)
    10 %
    None, the venue is elegant as is. : (11 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 3
    115 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I had the same exact problem! We ended up having an appt with our DJ to preview uplighting to see if we liked it… The uplighting worked magic!! It completely changed the look of the room…The pictures of your venue looke wonderful… If you want my honest opinion I think you would be okay with just the up lighting…It will save you money and it really does go a long way! The hall looked great!

Post # 4
    4804 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Well personally I like the panel draping better than the fancy draping 🙂 

Post # 5
    7771 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I like the second pic with the panel draping.

Post # 6
    2742 posts
    Sugar bee

What is panel ceiling draping?

Post # 8
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I like the panel ceiling draping. The other way looks like fabric “bubbles” to me. I like the way the other one dresses up the room but doesn’t close it off and make the ceiling seem smaller. 

Post # 9
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

It looks good in photos, but how often do you stare up at a ceiling? 🙂 Added to that, the ceiling in your venue isn’t bad at all. If anything, I would do the second option as opposed to the third. The uplighting is definitely cool, though.

Post # 10
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

the fancy draping is a bit gaudy.  I really like the panel draping much better.  And gosh, what an amazin deal that is!  I couldn’t find panel draping in my area for $300.

Post # 11
    170 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I really like the panel draping w/ uplighting (#2). I do not particularly care for the draping in #3.

Post # 12
    5756 posts
    Bee Keeper

I don’t think any of the draping does much of anything, so I’d skip it. The uplighting is probably all you need.

Post # 13
    1927 posts
    Buzzing bee

I would skip it all.  I agree with some of the others that it’s not worth the money to decorate the ceiling since most people won’t notice it.  And I’m not a fan of uplighting at all.  To me it makes a wedding look like a cheesy night club.

Post # 14
    286 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Although there is nothing wrong with your venue the way it is, I actually love the look of the draping.  It really dresses it up, IMO.  However, since you said you are tight-budgeted, the uplighting would look really nice by itself too!

Post # 15
    6256 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

To me, the panel draping makes it look a lot more elegant. It takes away from the hard lines of the tray ceiling, and makes it look a little less banquet-hallesque. It creates a unified effect–flowing fabric on the lower part of the room in the form of chair covers (assuming you’re going to do those) and fabric on the upper part of the room in the form of these panels.

To me, the “fancy” effect is just a little gaudy. Draws way too much attention to the chandeliers, and unless you’re planning on spending next to nothing decorating the rest of the venue, you probably don’t want the chandeliers to be your focal point. Plus with the money you save by NOT doing this, you can upgrade your centerpieces in a big way.

Post # 16
    4824 posts
    Honey bee

The uplighting gives you more bang for your buck. But I dont like the fancy draping as much as the other kind, but wish there were a few more panels. Its a little sparse.

The topic ‘Should I spend the extra $300 or $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors